Author: Subject:  vw beetle
Memberadam92
Learner Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 4

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

posted on February 4th, 2010 at 10:34 PM
vw beetle

hi guys, im new to the veedub scene and dont have a veedub yet but im looking to get one, iv found one locally for sale but i dont have a clue what im looking at or what im looking for. il try my best to describe the vehicle and will try and get pics tomorrow. here goes.

its a beetle of some kind, the rear has a badge that says volkswagen s, and i dont know if it was just me but it looked quite wide and 'fat' and bigger than a normal beetle. and its a dark pink/burgundy sort of colour. i know its a pathetic description but i will try and get pictures 2morrow to show what it is better. its for sale 4 $1500 and its near westlakes so if any adelaide people have seen it do you think its worth it for a first time owner
Memberadam92
Learner Dubber

No Avatar

posted on February 4th, 2010 at 10:39 PM

oh and it also had two tailpipes. they looked original as they were a bit rusty looking
MemberJoel
Scirocco Rare
Now containing 100% E-Wang

Threads: 211

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Purple
Mood: Tact Level 0.00

posted on February 5th, 2010 at 08:40 AM

sounds like you've found a 71-72 superbug

not a bad project car, there about the best equiped a bug gets, strut front, disc brakes, 1600 and IRS
Memberadam92
Learner Dubber

No Avatar

posted on February 5th, 2010 at 07:17 PM

wow you certainly know your stuff and even from my very poor description i think you may have the one. i went and had another look at it today when it was daylight as when i went last time it was dark and i got down and had a proper look at it and it does have the front strut suspension and front disc brakes which is what you said it should have but the bodywork is pretty bad with rust. the bonnet it pretty much rooted and would probably need replacing as it would be cheeper to replace than repair as it has so much rust in it and there is also quite a bit of rust behind the rear windows. there is a bit visible but when you push the car body you can hear it cracking and crunching and the boot was open so i had a quick look at the engine and it looks very clean and i have also seen the owner driving the car around a fair bit
MemberDylanTheDubber
Custom Title Time!

No Avatar

Threads: 173

posted on February 5th, 2010 at 08:21 PM

Yep your talking to Joel , If anyone knows it it's Joel. :tu: :) From Dylan

Go To Top