MemberKen J
Learner Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 1

Theme: UltimaBB Streamlined2
Mood: Mellow

thumbup.gif posted on May 26th, 2010 at 03:23 AM
A Break for Aussies on the Ultimate Pulleys

I've received several queries from Australia inquiring about our products, primarily our pulley system. I charge $15 flat-fee shipping in the US, but shipping to Australia added around $40. I checked my costs, sharpened my pencil, hemmed and hawed, wept, gnashed my teeth and decided to absorb the extra shipping cost to Australia.

If interested, you can go to our website and order there for the posted US price ($233), with no penalty for being so far from the US. It would help me out if interested parties could order together and save me some shipping costs, but single orders will be sent out promptly. We stock both standard and sand pulley sets for the same price. Thanks for reading.

www.BullysPulleys.com

I've updated my profile per request. Currently reside in Charlotte, NC, but am moving back to San Diego as soon as home sells. My name is Ken Janulewicz and I answer e-mails promptly at UptownDogCo@gmail.com if you have any questions. There are plenty of photos on my website. As soon as I figure out how to post a photo here, I'll do it.

Error
Sorry, you must be a registered user in order to download attachments.

Error
Sorry, you must be a registered user in order to download attachments.
Memberbajachris88
A.k.a.: Chris Leete
23 Windows of Awesome
The international telephone dialing code for Antarctica is 672.

Threads: 534

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )
Mood: A bee bit ma' bottom, now ma' bottom's big!

posted on May 26th, 2010 at 10:15 AM

Hi, do you do supercharger pulleys as well? i have a sc14 with a funky clutched pulley (don't need clutch) that someone has put nails and weld through :S.... and a replacement pulley here costs more than the supercharger :lol:

btw i love you vw stock. :tu:

(ô_!_/ô) (ô_!_/ô)
69' baja: kombi box, thing spindles, irs, disc front, type 3 rear drums, 2 inch lift kit, 31x10 rears. :tu:
New engine in process: 94mm p&bs, 74mm C/w chomol Crank, 35.5x39 SP heads, turbo. Wierd combo, hopeful torque monsta!
MemberKen J
Learner Dubber

No Avatar

posted on May 27th, 2010 at 12:25 AM

Hi Chris,

On my website, there is a link to a video of our pulleys being used to turn a blower. The owner used a stock pulley system initially and several other serpentine designs. All belts shredded on every run down the track till he switched to Bully's.

If you can adapt a standard gen/alt pulley to fit, ours will work. Different sized belts are available. The cost of making one-off pulleys for specific uses is just too expensive to be practical. There are design costs, set-up costs, etc. that quickly get way out of hand. My pulleys are CNC machined here from billet aluminum and custom pulleys are impractical, as mentioned.
Super Moderatormatberry
Super Moderator
Go hard or go home

Rank Avatar

Threads: 134

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue
Mood: enjoying waving at all my Kombi buddies from my T3

posted on May 27th, 2010 at 08:27 AM

Hi Ken, nice pulleys. And thanks for the offer to look after us Ozzies.

What ratio are they (stock, power or custom) as fan speed is very important in this hot land, and in the pic there is a tensioner, but it's not being used, do you need a tensioner with your design?

Do you do any for other fan types, genuine Porsche or others?

They look good and I like how tough h/d the belts look :tu:.

Matt Berry Motorsports...air cooled advice, repairs and mods Ph 0408 704 662
OFF-ROAD,CIRCUIT,DRAG,STREET,ENDURANCE
http://i375.photobucket.com/albums/oo199/mattberry-photo/20032011354-2.jpg
MemberKen J
Learner Dubber

No Avatar

posted on May 27th, 2010 at 11:08 PM

Hi Matt, the design engineers at Gates Rubber were sent a set of stock pulleys and designed Bully's Pulleys for me so that the ratio would be as close as possible to stock. The remains of a serpentine system were just left on my car after I removed it awhile back. No tensioner is needed with our pulleys. We played with several different numbers of teeth and slight diameter changes until the right combination was achieved. The belt rolls on snugly and that should be it as far as tensioning or having to replace a belt. No one has ever had to replace a belt as far as I know, and I'm sure I would have heard about it.

About a year ago, a metal hose connector came loose and wedged itself on the lower part of my crank pulley. By the time I pulled over, it had chewed up one side of the belt and about 1/3 of the crank pulley teeth were worn down. I just left it that way for about a month until I got around to replacing the belt and pulley. Both are very tough and reliable.

It's too complex and costly to offer one-off pulleys. They are CNC machined from billet aluminum here in the states and to redesign and reprogram for one-offs is just not feasible. If you can get a stock VW pulley to fit, then we're good. One customer uses our pulleys to turn his blower on his drag car (link on website of video), but he designed his system to use a stock pulley initially.

Go To Top