Board Logo
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
[ Total Views: 1623 | Total Replies: 6 | Thread Id: 84920 ]
Author: Subject:  Transporting 57 Beetle from SA to Sydney, NSW - UPDATE.
Memberbenjicon
Officially Full-On Dubber

Threads: 35

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

posted on July 21st, 2010 at 02:40 PM
Transporting 57 Beetle from SA to Sydney, NSW - UPDATE.

Hey guys,

I need to transport a 57 Beetle, Unregistered, from SA near Adelaide, to NSW, Sydney.

I have been looking at transport companies, but their prices vary greatly, and I have heard some horror stories.

I have a budget of about $500 .. If anyone can offer a suggestion of a company they have used, or anyone knows someone thats coming from SA to NSW with a trailer and would like to make a quick buck , I'd be very grateful.

Hope someone can help.. Cheers.. Ben.

No i'm not repainting it.
Memberbenjicon

posted on August 3rd, 2010 at 01:14 PM

Hey guys,

Just thought I'd put an update on this one, I think its a pretty common question for people to wonder about transport companies and costs.

After a couple of weeks of shopping around, I found this place, http://www.carcarrying.com.au  .... They have a really easy to follow online quoting system so you can get an idea of pricing quickly and easily. They were helpful over the phone, and were by far the best price, $614 Door to Door, SA to NSW, Inclusive of GST and comprehensive insurance. 7-10 working day turn around.

The insurance conditions do vary on cars over 10 years old, (the insurance only covers over turned truck or theft) Which is a slight concern, but they do a walk around check of the car and write down any marks or existing damage for reference, the person I spoke with assured me that in the years he has been working for them there have been very very few incidences of damage to cars they carry during transit.

Car gets collected next Monday, it will be an anxious 7-10 working days waiting, when it arrives I'll report back and let you know how it all went.

Ben.. :)

MemberCamo
A.k.a.: Kev
Custom Title Time!

Threads: 209

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue

posted on August 3rd, 2010 at 05:16 PM

Thanks for the update as it lets others know what the rough costs would be and where they can find a transporter.

Good luck with you new car, Kev.

I thought rebuilding a VW would be cheap - Shit I was wrong, just don't let the wife know !!!!

Click here for my (slowy) modded 1961 Beetle build.
MemberPaulc1964au
Custom Title Time!

Threads: 59

posted on August 3rd, 2010 at 05:57 PM

Looking forward to you posting pics of your new purchase, good luck

Memberbenjicon

posted on August 9th, 2010 at 02:49 PM

Update : Last Thursday I got a call from the carrier "carcarrying.com.au" To inform me that.....

"Their usual transport company were unable to transport the car because it was Pre 1980, and instead they had to use another carrier who could transport older cars"

....This meant they could not offer me the price ($614.00 Door to door) Which I had already paid for, If I still wanted them to go ahead with the collection and delivery I had to pay a further $126.00 bringing the total cost to $740.00 door to door.

I was pretty pi$$ed about that, but had arranged with a lot of people to dispatch and receive the car and have work done on it, so I coughed up the cash and gave them a piece of my mind, they said sorry for the oversight.

So I guess for anyone reading this who is thinking of transporting a car interstate, an important lesson I learned is make sure you are very clear about the year of the car, or they may sting you later on for more money.

Cars on the truck now and on its way, which is some consolation i guess. :)

Memberbenjicon

posted on August 13th, 2010 at 05:17 PM

Thats that.

Car arrived yesterday morning, 5 days sooner than expected, I guess when they changed to a "Pre 80's capable" company, the schedule changed as well. SO for the extra money they squeezed out of me, I did get the car sooner which was nice.

Went out to RAW this morning to have a look, everything in order and as it should be, Car looks fantastic, better in person than I expected, everything going to plan she'll be on the road end of next week. very happy.

Post some pics soon.

MemberPaulc1964au
Custom Title Time!

Threads: 59

posted on August 13th, 2010 at 07:05 PM

Look forward to seeing photos of the car

Go To Top