Author: Subject:  Sydney - 5 speed to VW aircooled in Beetle Guinea Pig wanted
Memberttriebler
Officially Full-On Dubber

Threads: 16

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

posted on September 29th, 2010 at 09:26 AM
Sydney - 5 speed to VW aircooled in Beetle Guinea Pig wanted

Hi all,

http://www.subarugears.com  is reaching it's next stage of development which is providing 5 speed subie conversions for aircooled motors.

I am currently manufacturing a bellhousing/adaptor plate and matching flywheel/clutch that will allow these installs.

Am hoping someone out there with an IRS beetle (maybe with a VW box on it's way out) in Sydney would be willing to work with me to put a test mule together. All the little bugs/brackets etc need to be ironed out. Engine size/config doesn't matter too much but I would prefer something with reasonable aircooled VW power and maybe twin carbs as a good proof of concept and making sure the motor still fits properly.

I would provide the entire bolt-in conversion : Subie 5 speed, adaptor plate, flywheel, clutch, starter motor, output flanges and gearbox mounts. It's likely that you'll have to grind off your VW nose mount on the pan and perhaps a little clearancing of the welds on the forks. Nothing too drastic and nothing that can't be reversed.

I'd like to document the build and have it driven for a month or so to ensure any bugs are ironed out. At the conclusion of this, the pwner of the vehicle would have the option to purchase the complete setup at my cost price (I envisage around $4,000) or return their vehicle to their old VW 4 speed.

I envisage putting this together over the next 2 or 3 months and there are likely to be some delays as things get re-engineered throughout the process so let's not use a daily driver, these projects take a bit of patience and time.

Any takers please reply with email and mobile number, either by P.M. or on this thread.

thanks heaps :lol:

Todd Triebler
http://www.subarugears.com 

Reversed gears for Subaru transmissions.
Fit a Subaru 5 speed to your rear engined car
www.subarugears.com

Go To Top