Board Logo
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
[ Total Views: 3163 | Total Replies: 2 | Thread Id: 92199 ]
Author: Subject:  Conversion from Manual to Auto of VW T3 Transporter (Kombi) Liquid Cooled
MemberStephe
Learner Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 3

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

posted on August 17th, 2011 at 10:36 PM
Conversion from Manual to Auto of VW T3 Transporter (Kombi) Liquid Cooled

Hello. I am new t this site (joined tonight) and new to VW (bought my first four weeks ago). Am in Adelaide, SA. I have had a look through the forum but not yet found the info I seek... which is to get a better idea of what is involved in converting my 1989 VW T3 Transporter (Kombi) Liquid Cooled from manual to auto transmission. I see a transmission is for sale on eBay in Victoria ($1200) but have no idea if that is expensive or not (nor are clear on condition - description just says "good") or on what other parts i would need to replace besides the transmission... although gear change is an obvious one :-) Really.. any information you felt like sharing would help. Thank-you. Regards, Stephe (Stephen)
Memberragged
A.k.a.: David
Wolfsburg Wizard
Just ask if you need HELP!

No Avatar

Threads: 46

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue
Mood: Medication seems to be working

posted on August 18th, 2011 at 01:37 PM

Try and find a van that is being dismantled so you can get all the bits you need.
I would only pay $1200 for an auto transmission that had a written guarantee from a reputable business.
Ebay = Buyer beware as purchasing via auction you do not have a leg to stand on if the transmission is only 'good' for use as a boat anchor!

Cheers Dave
MemberStephe
Learner Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 3

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

posted on August 18th, 2011 at 10:18 PM

Thanks Dave. Yes the more I look into this the more a complete auto van seems to be the best solution. Have ordered a manual to see if I can work out just "what exactly" the differences are between manual and auto in terms of parts etc. Appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Go To Top