Author: Subject:  Paint,filler etc
Memberthepie
Casual Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 22

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

posted on July 19th, 2012 at 11:04 AM
Paint,filler etc

Hi all just got a dad & lad project to do ,just wondered where the best place would be to get body work stuff from in Adelaide (primer ,filler,sanding equipment ,etc ) cheers for any advice
Memberbajachris88
A.k.a.: Chris Leete
23 Windows of Awesome
The international telephone dialing code for Antarctica is 672.

Threads: 534

Mood: A bee bit ma' bottom, now ma' bottom's big!

posted on July 19th, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Stay away from septone aerosol primers and primer fillers. as of late, it seems as though the mongrels have been thinning out their product (watering down). :mad:

Motorspray has been briliant. (as a product, not a location)

(ô_!_/ô) (ô_!_/ô)
69' baja: kombi box, thing spindles, irs, disc front, type 3 rear drums, 2 inch lift kit, 31x10 rears. :tu:
New engine in process: 94mm p&bs, 74mm C/w chomol Crank, 35.5x39 SP heads, turbo. Wierd combo, hopeful torque monsta!
Membersnitz
Wolfsburg Wizard

Threads: 37

Theme: UltimaBB Psyche Red
Mood: "Bug"gered

posted on July 19th, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Depends if you live north or south..I live south and use Lonsdale Paints..he sells to the trade and knows his products and their application. You could go to Crash Supplies S.A. or maybe buy direct from your crash repairer if you are friendly with one..Thats what I do.Buying from a crash shop supplier or crash shop means you buy quality gear like decent sanding sheets that dont clog up after 5 mins..lol.
Memberthepie
Casual Dubber

No Avatar

posted on July 20th, 2012 at 09:07 AM

Cheers for that , I live down south so think ill have a look at lonsdale paints ,still not sure how far to go on resto , but defiantly needs a bit of panel work ,!!!
Membersnitz
Wolfsburg Wizard

posted on July 20th, 2012 at 10:01 PM

No worries..Lonsdale paints are near the Lonsdale pub. He stocks Protec acrylic and 2 pak paints, KBS rust bullet for sealing off your floor pan etc. All sanding gear etc. He reasonably priced too. He can match interior trim paint into cans and also makes 2pak colours mixed into pressure packs.For the DIY person they are perfect as they are always willing to help out and offer advice.Good luck with the resto!.
Membersnitz
Wolfsburg Wizard

posted on July 20th, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Heres a pic of my Scorpion that was painted with protec 2pak from Lonsdale Paints.The body work and paint was done by myself and a mate who does resprays from home. My mate can do full resprays or repairs and works in both 2pak and acrylic he lives up the top of willunga hill if your interested I can give you his number..No job too small for him either..
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss283/psirx7/NOKIAPHONEPICTURES332.jpg
Memberthepie
Casual Dubber

No Avatar

posted on July 20th, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Cheers for that ,ye his no would be cool , won't be for a while , got a bit to do ,and not enough time to do things,cheers
MemberAussie Dubbin
Fahrvergnugen

Threads: 90

posted on July 21st, 2012 at 08:03 PM

Lonsdale paints sounds great. I would recommend crash supplies, but remember to buy the right air filter mask if going two pak. A decent gun will do you the world of good too, and an air compressor with enough storage and supply strength. I would recommend gravity fed not suction as you use much less air and less over spray. Devilbiss has great gear but may be overpriced for the home painter. Look into HPLV AND LPHV guns.

I think paint supplies of SA does 2pak starter kits and the owner owns two vws ones a blue buggy.

Good luck.
PS like the tip about better quality sand paper

Go To Top