[ Total Views: 1454 | Total Replies: 31 | Thread Id: 64442 ]
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject:  Tragedy!
Memberancientbugger
Custom Title Time!

Threads: 191

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Yellow

posted on October 13th, 2007 at 01:06 PM

I could always stand back and watch you beat yourself up!! Seriously though if you reread the post that you quoted you'd see I didn't slag off Commodore/Prado drivers but in fact held my anger in check although I did a bit of ranting and raving at the time. P platers did come in for a bit of a criticism in my initial post even though my eldest son is a P plater but on the other hand I would love to go for a beer when you're next up in Noosa and it's your shout:tu:
Memberancientbugger
Custom Title Time!

Threads: 191

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Yellow

posted on October 13th, 2007 at 01:28 PM

BTW looking back at this thread and the chat about insurance companies, as I said the other guys insurance company tried to get me to take it to a certain panel shop here but their accessor said it's not worth repairing "as it's basically just an old VW"(the accessors words to me) but Shannons said the repairs should only be carried out by a Shannons approved shop as it is insured with them and they will be sort out the payment from the other insurers later. The panel shop who repaired it (Noosa Paint and Panel) said Shannons OK'd even gatting parts from overseas if neccesary. The only negative thing I could say is that Shannons were asking me to pay a $500 excess which they would pay back after the other insurers admitted liability. This I wasn't prepared to do as I'm not putting my hand in my pocket because some other idiot can't drive, if on the other hand I felt it may have had something to do with the way I was driving or that the car I was driving was not safe then I wouldn't argue but I believe all insurers try the same thing just to get some money going into their accounts even for a short while. Anyway I already had the police file number for when they nicked the other driver and so proving who was responsible and have since found out that all insurance companies can log into this system to find these things out for themselves and pay a fee for the priviledge btu still go for the excess payout. Anyway I reckon you could start a whole forum just on the behaviour/whys and wherefores of isurance companies but all up Shannons definitely get the thumbs up from me:smilegrin:
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top