MemberDasdubber
A.k.a.: Alan Agyik
23 Windows of Awesome
DAS Resto Haus

Threads: 289

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue
Mood: feeling fine...

posted on October 25th, 2007 at 10:47 AM

All good info CT - thanks for sharing it!

MemberBoostn
Wolfsburg Wizard

Threads: 28

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

posted on October 25th, 2007 at 12:07 PM

I have had back to back figures on a dyno. An extra 20 kw that was not real.

The dyno measures the amount of resistance your car can push against at a certain speed.
So depending on the calibration figures will vary. You can "FOOL" the dyno into being a happy dyno, but what's the point when it does not translate to the track.
Just do your mixtures so it is safe, and the richen it up slightly to be very safe, you will loose a few hp but the engine will last longer.
The real truth of power is the mph you run over the quarter. (power to weight) And don't worry even if it wheel spins the mph will be up by a few.

VOLLKOMMEN ART
nick@vollkommenart.com

Speed and Style
Member1303Steve
A.k.a.: Steve Carter
Scirocco Rare

Threads: 559

Mood: Parrot Heading

posted on October 25th, 2007 at 01:50 PM

Hi

This is off subject but relates dyno power out put figures. Dyno dynamics did a test on power loss through dynos. They used a 6 cyl Falcon, they removed the transmission, did a power run, then hooked up the transmission, then hooked up the diff through a hub dyno. In all cases they had an identical power figure.

The power output can vary depending on how hard the car is pulled down on the dyno, tyre pressures, allowing the tyre to roll up on the front roller etc so lots of variables.

Most Dyno Dynamics operators have an automatic feature to adjust for barometric pressure, ambient temp throughout the day. Some devious operators will alter these figures and the dyno software will compensate usually giving a higher reading. So look at the green writing on peoples dyno charts that they put on the web, there has been fudging going to get a high figure. At sea level you should see a (BP) barometric pressure of around 101 kpa, a little less at higher altitudes also the (AT) ambient temp and (IT) inlet temp should be a realistic figure for the location and time of year.

Steve
MemberLIFE IN THE LOW LANE
A.k.a.: Brennden Alder
Son of Jim - Creator of Good
All people have the right to stupidity but some abuse the privilege

Threads: 53

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Orange
Mood: What Kombi wants vs what Kombi gets are nowhere near the same...

posted on October 25th, 2007 at 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vw54
The Dyno run aretoo expensive to go back to back for data purposes

Not if you know someone who has one and you are good friends with them!!! One of my other cars(Corolla Sportivo) has done something like 50 odd power runs on CES' dyno for development work and to benchmark all the mods etc I made to the car. I started with 96kw(128.74hp) and finished with 121kw(162.26hp) The seat of your pants dyno doesn't always tell the truth and a dyno tune for adjusting things like mixtures,timing etc is the only way to go. You change your exhaust system and watch the mixtures change to the point where you could advance the timingr couple of degrees and gain more power.

If you are spending big $$$ on building an engine then why not spend on setting it up properly to avoid what could end up being costly in the long run.

Just make sure that when you find the dyno tuner of your choice keep going back to them otherwise you will go crazy with the insane differences between dyno's.

My brother's Type 3 will spend approximately 2 weeks at the tuners as they want it for that long to make sure it has the best tune they can put into it without jepordising hurting it.

[size=4] ACCEPT THAT SOME DAYS YOU ARE THE PIDGEON AND SOME DAYS YOU ARE THE STATUE[/size]

Alder Outlaws VW Racing - check it out on fb!!
Super Administratorvw54
Super Administrator
Always Waiting 4 Friday

Rank Avatar

No Avatar

Threads: 378

Mood: Oval resto ongoing

posted on October 25th, 2007 at 06:36 PM

"""" Not if you know someone who has one and you are good friends with them!!! """

YEs that would help

Memberdeluxe hunter
Casual Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 29

Mood: scratchin'

posted on October 29th, 2007 at 06:03 PM

RESULTS FROM FUEL FLOW TESTS.....

Before I swapped out fuel line last week I did a comparison test of the fuel flow rate to one of the carbs (i.e. line pulled off one of the carbs and put into a bottle).

Stock '56 bug fuel line with carter electric pump under the tank and a FI filter after the pump 1L in 36 sec

as above but with 3/8" bore steel tube as fuel line........1L in 32 sec !!!!

Not much difference - but hey its done now.

After doing this and a few other minor tuning tweaks and upping the fuel pressure to 3psi, I went off to the country drags (1/8 mile). My best time on the air strip was 9.28s....enough to be the fastest street reg car there then I drove 200km home.

thanks to all who gave me feedback - really appreciated
Member063bug
A.k.a.: Alan

Threads: 0

Theme: UltimaBB Streamlined2
Mood: just crusin'

posted on October 30th, 2007 at 09:50 AM

Deluxe Hunter, now you have the big pump and fuel line out of the tank don't forget to make the breather pipe from the filler nozzle a bit bigger to allow the air into the tank or you will create a vaccum in there under load and that will cause starvation too. :tu:
Membersupercharged 66
Seriously Crusin Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 50

posted on November 16th, 2007 at 02:56 PM

crazy col here just to throw a spanner in the works my bug at warrick 2300cc eng 48idas std fuel system shifting at 6200rpm 8.44@89mph!And according to wallace racing it made 135 ish hp at the wheels.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top