Author: Subject:  Zelda the '73 1303S
MemberTurbo54
Veteran Volks Folk

No Avatar

Threads: 268

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )
Mood: Boost'n

posted on March 26th, 2013 at 11:41 AM

What do you mean you dont get it anymore? I know of a 60's body around the place if your keen.

Read this Seb, speaking from experience I know where your at. Those VW people are a weird bunch.

http://forums.aussieveedubbers.com/viewtopic.php?tid=54585 

T54

C'mon kids gather round,
there's a new sensation hitting town,
It's moving straight, low to the ground,
it'll pick you up when your feeling down.
Member1303Steve
A.k.a.: Steve Carter
Scirocco Rare

Threads: 559

Mood: Parrot Heading

posted on March 26th, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Hi Sebastian

I hope you stick to be around here and be inspired and then when the time is right you can jump in with both feet.

Cheers Steve
MemberSebastienPeek
Custom Title Time!

Threads: 89

Theme: UltimaBB Pro White

posted on March 26th, 2013 at 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 1303Steve
Hi Sebastian

I hope you stick to be around here and be inspired and then when the time is right you can jump in with both feet.

Cheers Steve

I'll be sticking around Steve, I'll be watching for a good starting point that is for sure.

Thanks!

The sold one, '73 VW 1303 - Zelda
The project, '74 VW 1303 - Gretl
Memberragged
A.k.a.: David
Wolfsburg Wizard
Just ask if you need HELP!

No Avatar

Threads: 46

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue
Mood: Medication seems to be working

posted on March 26th, 2013 at 12:38 PM

No, I'm not helping Sebastien anymore. I will not air my disappointment in public other than to say I am bitterly disappointed. I wish Seb all the best in the future, and just ask that anything he says on social media is the truth. I hope one day Seb will share with everybody the opportunity he was given, well in excess of 300 hours of my time, any parts that I had lying around, workshop space, all the tools you could dream of, we fed him and even hosed him off in the back yard and gave him a clean change of clothes to send him home clean. And I didn't charge him one cent.
Good luck Seb.

Quote:
Originally posted by Turbo54
What do you mean you dont get it anymore? Dave isn't helping out anymore? I know of a 60's body around the place if your keen.

Read this Seb, speaking from experience I know where your at. Those VW people are a weird bunch.

http://forums.aussieveedubbers.com/viewtopic.php?tid=54585 

T54
MemberTurbo54
Veteran Volks Folk

No Avatar

Threads: 268

Mood: Boost'n

posted on March 26th, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Hi Ragged, I have edited out names from my post and I suggest you edit the above post. Social media can come back and bite us all one day.
Also when I wrote 'Those VW people are a weird bunch.' this is directed at the whole community on and off the forum, not yourself personally.

VW's in Adelaide is such a small part of the car scene that one day you will bump into each other and hopefully it will be back to normal.

T54

C'mon kids gather round,
there's a new sensation hitting town,
It's moving straight, low to the ground,
it'll pick you up when your feeling down.
MemberDub_Life
Slammed & Awesome Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 14

posted on March 26th, 2013 at 03:42 PM

Thats a shame mate, don't worry about fixing the rust in it, plenty of rusty vws driving around, just drive it its a cool looking car as is!
MemberJoel
Scirocco Rare
Now containing 100% E-Wang

Threads: 211

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Purple
Mood: Tact Level 0.00

posted on March 27th, 2013 at 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SebastienPeek
I'll be selling everything I can and then probably taking the car to the scrap metal place.
The pan is in okay condition, and the heater channels are fine. Maybe someone will want the pan and shell, not sure yet.

Put as many of your stock parts back on it to keep it as close to complete as possible and a viable project for someone.

Put it on ebay and gumtree, someone will take it, project bugs of any sort are getting harder to find now, you will have no trouble selling it.

To someone who likes bodywork there is about 2 weekends work in getting that body up to scratch.

Far far worse ones sell on ebay when the sellers don't think its an old "rare Volswagon" car and worth elebenty million dollars.
MemberSebastienPeek
Custom Title Time!

posted on March 27th, 2013 at 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Joel

Put as many of your stock parts back on it to keep it as close to complete as possible and a viable project for someone.

Put it on ebay and gumtree, someone will take it, project bugs of any sort are getting harder to find now, you will have no trouble selling it.

To someone who likes bodywork there is about 2 weekends work in getting that body up to scratch.

Far far worse ones sell on ebay when the sellers don't think its an old "rare Volswagon" car and worth elebenty million dollars.

That's the plan Joel. I've got it ready this morning to take the engine out as that has already sold minus the exhaust.

I'll basically sell the pan/shell as is with stock suspension in it and what not, rolling if I can get some wheels and someone should take it.

Aha that is definitely true, I love those eBay listings, I think they're great for a laugh when you're feeling really depressed about the whole situation.

Membersander288
Custom Title Time!
"Bolt-on Master"

Threads: 183

Mood: This is my bug. There are many others like it, but this one is mine.

posted on March 27th, 2013 at 09:31 AM

I know where your at seb; but think a little longer term. If you can store the car do so!!!

I have thought about selling my bug for a while but I'm just going to throw a blanket over it and store it until I can afford the time and money to make it "whole". I've had mine since I was 14; so this year is it's 11th anniversary.

BMW R65 LS
1967 1300 Deluxe
Swing-axles FTW :!:

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x463/sander19671988/4201806984_a2d051587f_o.jpg
MemberSebastienPeek
Custom Title Time!

posted on March 27th, 2013 at 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by sander288
I know where your at seb; but think a little longer term. If you can store the car do so!!!

I have thought about selling my bug for a while but I'm just going to throw a blanket over it and store it until I can afford the time and money to make it "whole". I've had mine since I was 14; so this year is it's 11th anniversary.

Unfortunately I don't have the room to store it at the moment, nor the money to pay to store it somewhere.

Which means that, angrily, I have to part her out and sell her. She'll always be my first car and all that jazz, but life goes on and one day I'll have another project car to do.

For now, I'll just enjoy the luxuries of a newer car. Today I drove into work with windscreen wipers that work and the air conditioner on. I even popped the sunroof for a bit instead of turning the demister on.

Pages:  1  ..  29  30  31

Go To Top