Author: Subject:  Looking for info on Modding a 61 Bus
MemberRovert
Learner Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 1

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

question.gif posted on April 18th, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Looking for info on Modding a 61 Bus

Hey Folks, my name is Trevor & as you can see i'm new here.
I am about to start modding a 61 bus for a customer.
I have never modified any VW's before, which is the reason i am here.
At the moment the owner only wishes to do suspension & driveline mods. with full paint & interior next year.
Basically what we have planned is,
Red9 front & rear suspension & Subaru motor with subarugears modified box
Obviously there are alot of other mods to go along with this type of conversion that we will tackle along the way also.
I've been researching this build for around a year now and have accumulated enough info to now make a start. The time is right for me also & more importantly the customer has set aside the money for the build.
I've built cars for this guy before, if he says he's good to go, he's good to go.
The bus we have is in very good nick, no rust, no accident damage & garaged its entire life. We also have a full history on the vehicle.
So, that pretty much sums up the project, now , if I may, a couple of questions to start.
Can anyone recommend an engineer that may of previously been involved in a similar project.
I am located on the NSW Central Coast, so Sydney or Newcastle is where i'd be looking.
You guys who have used the Red9 Front & Rear on a splitty before, what do you think of it, any problems etc.
Did your engineer ask for any changes to be made to any of the components, or was it pretty much good to go as is.
We are now on the look out for a donor vehicle also.
I figure it will probably be an early 2000's RX Imprezza or Liberty.
What vehicle would you guys recommend???????????
I will have many more questions to ask as this progresses so I hope you guys don't mind me popping in & bombarding you with them.
Anyhow, thanks for any help.
Cheers,
Trevor.
MemberKlaus
Custom Title Time!

Threads: 100

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )
Mood: Heavily modified

posted on April 19th, 2013 at 08:03 AM

join up with DSK ...if you want to keep the value of the bus dont subaru it , build a big type 4 or type 1 motor ..less weight and plenty power can be had from a vw engine ..keep it og paint with the red 9 suspention , tough motor and dumped on its guts :) just my opinion

Go To Top