[ Total Views: 2606 | Total Replies: 5 | Thread Id: 101791 ]
Author: Subject:  WTB KO 386 and I.D. plate for country buggy
MemberNUG637
Officially Full-On Dubber

Threads: 24

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

posted on April 28th, 2013 at 01:49 PM
WTB KO 386 and I.D. plate for country buggy

I know this is abit of a long shot.... but someone out there has the KO off the country buggy i now own.

Going off the video from when they were found they had the numbers still there... i own the one that was cut in half and it has passed through many hands befor my ownership but im hoping someone is holding onto the KO number and the I.D. plate the rivets under the dash and is willing to sell it up to go back to its original body.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytFZrjDxdUo 

i plan to get this thing back on the road in the near future but without these i think obtaining a roadworthy will be very hard.

any help will be muchly appreciated and if someone puts me onto the person with these im offering a 6 pack of beers of your choice for the finders fee
Member58camper
A.k.a.: Bill Moore
Wolfsburg Wizard

Threads: 110

Mood: Curt but friendly

posted on April 28th, 2013 at 03:04 PM

Myles,

I now abit about the history of these two vehicles. The last owner I know was Dutchy who lives in Sydney,. He is overseas at the moment but I will send him an email to see if he can shed some more light on KO386.

From what I saw on the video there is a shitload of work to bring this CB back to anything that resembles a CB. I guess you must have full access to someone who can handle the panel fabrication.

One thing, you will not need any reference to the KO # on the vehicle if you are trying to register it. This number was a production # only and was never recorded by any of the Motor Traffic Boards across Australia.

If you don't have an ID plate then talk to me as I may be able to help although I don't have plate # 118310305 which was the original ID plate that came with KO 386.
Would need to match Chassis # with stamp on transmission tunnel.

Let me know if I can help by email at countrybuggybill@hotmail
Member11CAB
Compulsive Aussie Vee Dubber
If ya got it....Baja it

Threads: 321

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue
Mood: Beach'n

posted on April 28th, 2013 at 03:39 PM

Thats going to be a lot of work. Look forward to seeing your progress

65 Meyers Manx
68 Country Buggy (KO 367)
68 Country Buggy (KO 669)
68 Country Buggy (KO 789)
68 Country Buggy (KO 815)
68 Baja Bug
76 Baja Kombi Twincab
Membernewghia
A.k.a.: Noddy
Wolfsburg Wizard
stock is for people who cant think outside the square

Threads: 30

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Charcoal
Mood: nood !

posted on April 28th, 2013 at 03:48 PM

Young fella is more than up to the task of putting this back together, goes alright he does,
Nath

Step up to get out !!!
MemberNUG637
Officially Full-On Dubber

Threads: 24

posted on April 28th, 2013 at 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 58camper
Myles,

I now abit about the history of these two vehicles. The last owner I know was Dutchy who lives in Sydney,. He is overseas at the moment but I will send him an email to see if he can shed some more light on KO386.

From what I saw on the video there is a shitload of work to bring this CB back to anything that resembles a CB. I guess you must have full access to someone who can handle the panel fabrication.

One thing, you will not need any reference to the KO # on the vehicle if you are trying to register it. This number was a production # only and was never recorded by any of the Motor Traffic Boards across Australia.

If you don't have an ID plate then talk to me as I may be able to help although I don't have plate # 118310305 which was the original ID plate that came with KO 386.
Would need to match Chassis # with stamp on transmission tunnel.

Let me know if I can help by email at countrybuggybill@hotmail

thanks country buggy bill... ive been in touch with dutchy previously but he didn't know the where a bouts of the numbers... as for fabrications.... im currently on the tail end of my first resto and am looking forward to working on something new.... this is my work so far (link below) :cool:

http://www.kustomcoachwerks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7552&postdays=0&am...

so flat panels of a country buggy doesnt worry me :cool:

will be intouch when it comes to an I.D. plate.

the KO numbers didnt worry me as such as its easy to stamp my own but i thought if someone had 1 they probly had the other

thanks for the help guys
Membercrow
Learner Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 0

posted on June 8th, 2013 at 11:07 PM

Gday Myles,
this may be of some comfort to you should you not find id plate. As a rwc vehicle inspector, i can assure you, you wont need the plate to register the car as it is pre compliance and it is almost a free for all when it comes to ID all you need is stamped chassis # an engine # and a rwc (Qld Vic and blue slip NSW) I know it is far better value wise to have the plate but stamped numbers (what ever they may be or need to be) are all is needed for reg
good luck with the hunt
Fraser

Go To Top