Memberbat69
Insano Dub Head
There is no status

Threads: 84

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )
Mood: I'm EXCITED!

posted on September 7th, 2013 at 07:07 AM
King Edward Park Hillclimb 6th & 7th October - Vids added

As the title says mg car club are hosting the final round of the NSW hillclimb championship on Sun 6th Oct and the final round of the Tri Club challenge Mon 7th Oct.

This is always a very well run event at a top location. So if you want to see some quality racing come on the sun state round where you will see some of the countries fastest hillclimb cars. If you just want a day out with some motorsport come on mon. Most of the old blokes in their mgs run the tri challenge. If you get board watching the MG's go up the hill you can always watch the whales.

A few vws should be going. Im hoping to pull the green machine out of the shed which will be its yearly run. GT is having a crack in his yellow beast and I believe Heath and Christine will be making the trip down in Garfield.

If you make the trip pop on up to the pit area and say hello. Hope to see you there.

White Knuckle Racing Team
"Drive it like dirt"
Memberbat69
Insano Dub Head
There is no status

posted on September 26th, 2013 at 08:08 PM

I am entered as too is GT in our Beetles. Unfortunately Heath wont be making it so it looks like me and GT are flying the Beetle flags. There are couple of fvees entered also along with some very quick open wheelers and fast sedans. If you go for look come up to the pits and say hi. Im the one with the bright green bug.

"Drive it like dirt"
Membercnfabo
Custom Title Time!

No Avatar

Threads: 140

posted on September 26th, 2013 at 08:46 PM

Tear it up bright green and yellow bugs.....

Fabo.....
Membercolin
Fahrvergnugen

Threads: 82

posted on September 30th, 2013 at 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bat69
I am entered as too is GT in our Beetles. Unfortunately Heath wont be making it so it looks like me and GT are flying the Beetle flags. There are couple of fvees entered also along with some very quick open wheelers and fast sedans. If you go for look come up to the pits and say hi. Im the one with the bright green bug.

Best of luck lads, have a blast.:tu:

Cheers Col
Memberbat69
Insano Dub Head
There is no status

posted on October 5th, 2013 at 08:11 PM

Thanks Col. I will be trying. I will just be enjoying driving the bug for the first time in 6 months.

If anyone is planning on coming in for a look it will be a jam packed weekend. Nearly 170 cars entered for the two days, so it is a full field both days.

There is various activities on the foreshore with displays etc. Free shuttle bus from foreshore to King Edward Park hillclimb.

Enjoy your long weekend

"Drive it like dirt"
MemberCraig Torrens
A.k.a.: Craig Torrens
Scirocco Rare
6 times Australian, 7 times State Hillclimb Class Champion

Threads: 347

Mood: Time to go Salt lake racing, and actually achieve a result.

posted on October 8th, 2013 at 10:11 PM

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/1823060/mattara-hill-climb-photos/?cs=391 

http://store.vandersyde.com/Sports/Motorsports/Shannons-Newcastle-Hillclimb 

I'm sure Nathan will give us an update soon ;)

MemberCraig Torrens
A.k.a.: Craig Torrens
Scirocco Rare
6 times Australian, 7 times State Hillclimb Class Champion

Threads: 347

Mood: Time to go Salt lake racing, and actually achieve a result.

posted on October 9th, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Results from the weekend.

http://www.mgcarclub.com.au/Results/2013-10-06%20KEP%20State%20Rnd%209%20Resu...

Memberbat69
Insano Dub Head
There is no status

posted on October 11th, 2013 at 08:32 AM

Well what a fantastic weekend. I had a blast. There were only 3 Beetles entered for Sundays state round, Glen, old Tom and me and the one formula V driven by Steven Butcher and Phil Staszczyk. Man it was hot. Sunday was a stinker. I think the hot weather played with peoples minds because there was heaps of stacks and various issues with the timing not working, but a apart from that it was a fun day. GT drove well all w/e to pick up 2nd in class on Sun and win his class on Mon. In fact his 2nd split time for the 2nd half of the track on Mon was only a few tenths of the massive HP Gemini the boys have been chasing in the State Championship all year. Old tom won his tin top class which is a fine effort for a 72 year old. I only hope I have has much stamina as this dude when I'm his age. I had a blast getting the Beetle out for its one and only state event this year. I only had 1 issue. Actually 2. 1st was grip. Or lack there of. 6 year old tyres just don't cut it and that was evident from the in car footage. It was like driving on ice... Well actually more like dirt. My times were not that quick but boy I had some fun. And the crowd loved it. Its not often people get to see a Beetle drift'n around KEP. 2nd issue was the timing. I had re run a few times as my times were not picked up. As luck would have it my fastest times were the ones the timing system never picked up (I know they were the fastest because the data logging told me). Oh well. Still had fun. Steven Butcher won the V class just pipping Phil for the win.

"Drive it like dirt"
Memberbat69
Insano Dub Head
There is no status

posted on October 11th, 2013 at 08:48 AM

Here is some in car footage GT and I took from our cars over KEP on the Sunday. The footage is not that great on my car as the camera was some old thing GT found in the shed the day before. Sound a little ordinary too but you get the idea.

This is my 2nd run up the hill.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=615331498518921&set=vb.5201090913744...

This is GTS 3rd run up the hill.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=615320375186700&set=vb.5201090913744...

We were lucky to even have the footage in the 1st place. GT placed the camera on his car for his last run, he then came and helped me for 10 minutes finish off bolting the exhaust back onto my car after it fell off. When he returned to his car in the pits the camera was gone!!!! WTF. We looked around every where for it. No where to be seen. It turned up the next day thank f$%k. Someone handed it in to the officials.

"Drive it like dirt"
Membercolin
Fahrvergnugen

Threads: 82

posted on October 13th, 2013 at 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bat69
Well what a fantastic weekend. I had a blast. There were only 3 Beetles entered for Sundays state round, Glen, old Tom and me and the one formula V driven by Steven Butcher and Phil Staszczyk. Man it was hot. Sunday was a stinker. I think the hot weather played with peoples minds because there was heaps of stacks and various issues with the timing not working, but a apart from that it was a fun day. GT drove well all w/e to pick up 2nd in class on Sun and win his class on Mon. In fact his 2nd split time for the 2nd half of the track on Mon was only a few tenths of the massive HP Gemini the boys have been chasing in the State Championship all year. Old tom won his tin top class which is a fine effort for a 72 year old. I only hope I have has much stamina as this dude when I'm his age. I had a blast getting the Beetle out for its one and only state event this year. I only had 1 issue. Actually 2. 1st was grip. Or lack there of. 6 year old tyres just don't cut it and that was evident from the in car footage. It was like driving on ice... Well actually more like dirt. My times were not that quick but boy I had some fun. And the crowd loved it. Its not often people get to see a Beetle drift'n around KEP. 2nd issue was the timing. I had re run a few times as my times were not picked up. As luck would have it my fastest times were the ones the timing system never picked up (I know they were the fastest because the data logging told me). Oh well. Still had fun. Steven Butcher won the V class just pipping Phil for the win.

Well done to both of you.
Particulary GT, fantastic effort to back up on Monday and go quicker.

Cheers Col

Go To Top