Membermactaylor
Custom Title Time!

Threads: 54

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue
Mood: even my dog is german

posted on February 11th, 2015 at 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by LOWBUG
Could it be that this is nothing more than a business decision, after all, the event is based on business, only driven by passion. Are we getting too emotional about the outcome between a promoter and a venue, if there is no money to be made then its just not viable. Its not a charity, businesses need to make profit, if the promoter can't make profit then it stops.

Its just another perspective.

For example the word sponsor is just a marketing term, these people pay for advertising and their accountant uses it as a business expense. The whole thing is a money making exercise, if it wasn't these events wouldn't happen just the same as music festivals.

We may never know what happened between the two parties because its their business, regardless of what one says there is always two sides, again none of our business, bad business decisions are made everyday and if this is the outcome of one of those, then so be it. The promoter is the one who negotiated and made the final decision, we have no say its his event.

Agree! case closed. Its craigs business. If you wanna man up and promote an event go for it, otherwise pull your head in.

EVERLAST CONCRETE TANKS
1800 552 123
MemberJamboRay
Learner Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 3

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

posted on February 15th, 2015 at 05:14 PM

Hi All, I realise is must be disappointing about the VW Shootout being canceled but don't forget the Sydney Jamboree is on March 7th.

We've already have few VW's entered and I'd be happy to see more.

Details on the Jamboree can be found at http://www.jamboree.com.au 
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top