a suffusion of yellow

Rank Avatar

Threads: 436

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Yellow
Mood: In the family again

posted on June 1st, 2015 at 06:26 PM
Administrivia - new rules - please read and discuss

Hi there,

I couldn't retrieve our old rules from the backups dating back to 2008, so in all likelihood they have been lost. As such, it's likely that those of who who registered here after 2007 or so have not agreed to any rules. I've found a site that had a modified form of our old rules (the XMB Forum), and spruced them up a bit and made them more like what I remember.

As these are essentially the old rules with some new additions, and as many of you newer members haven't agreed to them, I'm going to give *everyone* a two week period to discuss them before I get you all to re-agree to the new rules. Nothing is on or off the table.

Please READ carefully, and make suggestions to make them better and more livable.

---

Welcome to Aussieveedubbers. Please take a moment to review these rules detailed below. You are required to abide and agree with all terms set below in order to participate in our community. Failure to do so will result in the board's administration taking further action as they see fit.

0 - Be nice to each other, post with a good heart, and post often. Repsond in the way you'd like to be responded to.

1 - Considering the real-time nature of this message board, it is impossible for us to review messages or confirm the validity of information posted. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the contents of every posted message and are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any messages other than our own. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of Aussieveedubbers or any entity associated with Aussieveedubbers. The individual members remain solely responsible for the content of their messages; and as a potential poster, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless Aussieveedubbers and their agents and employee's with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s).

2 - Any member who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so within a reasonable time frame, IF we determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, so please realize that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately.

3 - Be tolerant, understanding and respectful of other people's point of view. If you strongly disagree or are upset over somebody's posting, simply respond by stating your point of view. Do not criticize, censure or ridicule others for their beliefs, opinions or views. Please also take into account the difficulty many people have in expressing their precise feelings and emotions in a written message.

4 - You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use Aussieveedubbers to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise a violation of any law. This covers trolling, sealioning, and bullying.

5 - You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or if Aussieveedubbers owns the copyright. Although we do not and cannot review the messages prior to being posted and are not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we reserve the right to delete any message for any reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold Aussieveedubbers.com harmless with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s).

6 - Aussieveedubbers reserves the right to reveal a member's identity, or whatever information we know about that member, including a member's IP number, to the appropriate parties in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by that member.

7 - Information shared publicly by the users here, should not to be used for mass mailings and we will not share your information with any outside agency except due to legal action. (See rule 6 above.)

8 - Postings made which are deemed advertising may be removed without recourse. Please note that advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are inappropriate on these forums and may be deleted immediately with no further explanation.

9 - You agree to not debate, argue or insult any staff member publicly or privately on Aussieveedubbers at any time. If this rule is breached then your account and privileges are revoked without hesitation. We have zero tolerance for insubordinate behaviour.

10 - You agree to not bash, discredit or speak negatively of any VW club, forum, social network, affiliate community sites or their staff. We are pro-community and expect all members to abide by this policy.

11 - You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not threaten to sue or proceed with any legal action, including but not limited to take down notices, solicitor's letters, or cease or desist letters. Any such action is grounds for you to be banned immediately and indefinitely from this community. We have adequate post or thread reporting processes as detailed in rules 2 and 3 for a workable appropriate dispute resolution pathway. In the unlikely case that reporting a post does not result in a desired outcome, please contact the Aussieveedubbers Administrator for final arbitration of your issue.

Administrator Contact in case of any issues with these rules:

Andrew van der Stock
aussieveedubbers@gmail.com
0422 644 792

Kind Regards,
Aussieveedubbers Management
Super Administratorvanderaj
A.k.a.: Andrew van der Stock
Super Administrator
a suffusion of yellow

Rank Avatar

Threads: 436

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Yellow
Mood: In the family again

posted on June 1st, 2015 at 07:54 PM

For the record, I'm not in favor of #9 in its current form - we have sufficient powers to make our feelings felt. However, I don't want staff to go nuts eithers - they might have more powers than the rest of us, but we all need to abide by the rules, which means being nice to each other.

#10 might be too over the top as well, but willing to hear about it. I reckon we have good relations with all the other VW forums and clubs, and I'd like to keep it that way. Do we need a rule for it? Let's talk.

Are we missing any rules? This place has worked pretty well without a lot of rules, but I might be missing something.

Andrew
Memberwaltermitty
Custom Title Time!
Legend when my beer goggles are on

Threads: 268

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Grey
Mood: Hungry for mor

posted on June 1st, 2015 at 11:57 PM

Looks pretty reasonable to me. Apart from 9 not to debate or argue ? Insults fair enough but no debating?? thiere is a potential for this to be misused.
I wonder what the situation is with Business advertising?

Mitchell

23 windows ...8 too many!
MemberTimothy_N-F
Casual Dubber

Threads: 3

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

posted on June 2nd, 2015 at 08:18 AM

I don't like 9, fair enough if they reprimand you and you shouldn't be questioning it too much, but to say you can't debate with them is ridiculous.

Phoenix was my 1973 Super Beetle.
_______ is my 1975 Super Beetle.
Memberh
A.k.a.: Towely BuMpEr KING! ILLegal ALIEN on a roadtrip
Scirocco Rare
fractals - an ever changing lifestyle

Threads: 375

Theme: XMBX Pro Green
Mood: A T3 is not a Kombi - stop waving at me

posted on June 2nd, 2015 at 08:46 AM

#9 'Kult' much..
Let's not have this forum go down that road as they already exist elsewhere :)
Please review this as there is no way of policing such especially in the private not public sphere.
thanks

fractal geometry; the inner most limits of mind altering abuse

Fantasy http://seventhchronicle.com 

Z = Z2 + C1/r = 1/0 = infinity

Barrels http://www.barrelman.com.au 

VW Workshop - aircooledgarage.com.au
allcooled.com.au
MemberHappyDaze
A.k.a.: Greg Mackie
Son of Jim - Creator of Good
Superannuated

Threads: 141

Mood: Happy enough

posted on June 2nd, 2015 at 09:02 AM

9 ?...Nein !

I'd rather wear a Beetle out by racing it than by polishing it!
MemberKruizinKombi
A.k.a.: Col
Bishop of Volkswagenism
Seriously Obsessed Cyber Dubber

Threads: 104

Mood: Indifferent

posted on August 10th, 2015 at 09:50 PM

So what was decided regarding #9 Andrew?

Kruizin Kol

Go To Top