Author: Subject:  Header tank
Memberrfembock
Learner Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 1

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

posted on November 10th, 2017 at 09:42 AM
Header tank

Sorry if this has been covered before and I have searched but due to the photobucket ransom a lot of pictures have disappeared, and I am a visual learner. Anyway I am having some issues with my cooling system as my header tank is way too small and would appreciate some pics of people's header tank set ups and description as how to best hook up as I currently just have the two heater hoses connected to the header tank but would like to connect a heater up soon and wondering if there is a better way so as not to have a thousand hose clamps and t pieces...thanks for any advice suggestions...Rob
Member1303Steve
A.k.a.: Steve Carter
Scirocco Rare

Threads: 556

Mood: Parrot Heading

posted on November 13th, 2017 at 06:09 PM

what sort of motor are you using? Im running a Vanagon / T25 one on my Subaru conversion, check my build thread
Memberrfembock
Learner Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 1

posted on November 14th, 2017 at 09:49 AM

I have an EJ20 in a 76 Kombi, was set up with small (300mm ish) header tank, I have a radiator mounted under that is dead flat and the two hoses that normally go to the heater are connected to the bottom of the header tank. I have seen some round plastic bottles (VW/Audi) with one hose connected up higher and one at bottom.....wondering how to best tap into the cooling system as have seen fellows speed conversions tap into the coolant out pipe...wondering if this is better, which system works best to bleed air out etc....any advise from people who have gone through the process appreciated...Rob.
Member1303Steve
A.k.a.: Steve Carter
Scirocco Rare

Threads: 556

Mood: Parrot Heading

posted on November 15th, 2017 at 08:53 AM

you should loop the heater hose. my header tank is probably about the same size I have my header tank filling the top hose and my header tank uses a recovery cap

Go To Top