Fahrvergnugen

Threads: 82

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )
Mood: dubbing

posted on October 13th, 2003 at 11:18 PM
seats, windscreens and other such crazy phenomonen

hey everyone

i just have a coupla quick questions.
I have a bench seat in my kombi (1973) that was there when i purchased the car. It is a bench seat out of a holden which has been adjusted to be put into the kombi. Unfortunately I may need to replace it and was wondering if anyone knew where I could find another bench seat. Strangely enough the kombi model I have does not cater for bucket seats. I have not been able to track down anybody with the same "seat design" as me either..... anyone?

Also, I have a big scratch on my windscreen from the wipers. I need to get this off to pass the roadworthy (apparently). Does anybody have any suggestions on how to get scratches out? I've had a lot of ppl suggest toothpaste, but so far I've had no luck with that.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

dodge
Super ModeratorPeter Leonard
Super Moderator
Volatile

Rank Avatar

Threads: 52

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )
Mood: shiny

posted on October 14th, 2003 at 01:19 AM

don't mess with tempered glass and polishing. two reasons. one is that the heat you create in buffing the scratches out can do bad things.. and the other is that it can change the view thru the window.. giving you wonky vision.. if you must polish tho, use "jewellers rouge" or 'mr buff'
you'll need about six years and a very keen arm... :D
go to a wrecker and see what they want for a screen, but try and avoid Obrien windscreens... they just too damn expensive. good luck dude ;)

let sleeping dubs lie

Go To Top