Membersquizy
A.k.a.: Paul
Compulsive Aussie Vee Dubber
Thinking about another dub...maybe

Threads: 243

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue

posted on December 8th, 2003 at 04:33 PM
Tracking some old dubs...NSW

I'm trying to track down old dubs of mine that I used to own. I haven't seen them around for a while, and was wondering whether they're still around.

1970 Type 3 - reg VWT-003. Was around the Central Coast. Dude after me painted in magenta, purple, pink, white [don't ask me....]. I got rid of it about '89
1960 Karmann Ghia - reg PKY-486. Was around Wollongong, but I believe it may be on the Northern Beaches now. Jade green in colour, lowered. I got rid of it about '92
1965 Beetle - reg JJJ-478 - windback sunroof. Don't know where it went to. I got rid of it about '99.

Squiz....
Membersquizy

posted on February 25th, 2008 at 03:10 PM

Wow. I just dug this out. Anyone know about them at all?? I might have a pic of the KG somewhere...
Memberphilfun
Learner Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 0

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

posted on January 25th, 2011 at 06:58 PM

Hi Paul
I believe I was the one who bought the Karmann from you in 1992 and took it home to Wollongong. I held on to it for a few years, mostly garaged and taken out on weekends. It was probably the biggest luxury I've ever owned.
My dad put disc brakes on it, fixed up some body issues, put in a new interior and put back on some of the missing chrome.
This car was a real head turner and I always got a huge rush from driving it. But the trip from you place to Wollongong was the furthest it went. It was a shame I didn't use it much and I miss it a lot. I think it suffered from not being driven regularly. And when my main car was crashed I had to sell it to buy another daily driver that was better at doing long distances.
Now I remember everything about buying the car from you (I even have the receipt you wrote me), but I have completely forgotten who bought it from me. I'm pretty sure it went back to Sydney. I wish I had never let it go and still had it here. I live in Melbourne now and there are loads of beautiful Karmanns here. Thank you for giving me such a treat during the 90's.
Phillip
Memberphilfun
Learner Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 0

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

posted on January 25th, 2011 at 06:59 PM

Here is a pic of the car around the time I was selling it.

Error
Sorry, you must be a registered user in order to download attachments.
Membersquizy

posted on June 6th, 2011 at 11:41 PM

Hey Phil - yes mate that's the old girl there. Thanks for adding in your bit of detail to tracking the car down.

So the pic above is how the car came back up to Sydney after Phil had it. Does anyone remember seeing this after say 1994 then (or later) back up in Sydney. I heard it might have been on the Northern Beaches, but I don't know anything else.

Rego was PKY486.

Go To Top