Membertonyg
Seriously Crusin Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 15

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )
Mood: lost in the deep north

posted on December 13th, 2003 at 06:23 AM
It GOES!

Put 150 ks on the converted transporter yesterday... More than happy, altho still have a problem to sort with the speed sensor, shuts down fuel at 112kph. Will sort next week. Fun fun fun! These subis sure like to rev! For anyone in the bris/north coast area, I can recommend Clayton Stevens at DJ mechanical..(caboolture) He has done few conversions and loves VW's kombis.. splits and bays. He has a couple of splits in his shop he is restoring, drives a subi bay and imho, his charges are VERY reasonable for the amount of work in fitting the 2.5 in mine. However, I digress...
It sure goes well.....Can't get the grin off my face, ppl who never had to try hard to wallop a kombi at the lights now have to try very hard! and the surprise factor is a classic

they took me away haha, hope the medication works
MemberBaja Wes
Bishop of Volkswagenism
V6 Baja Pioneer

Threads: 94

Mood: Content

posted on December 13th, 2003 at 11:22 AM

Congrats on getting it running. Jap engines are so nice a smooth, a different world to the VW motors.

Quote:
Originally posted by tonyg
altho still have a problem to sort with the speed sensor, shuts down fuel at 112kph.

Maybe your speed sensor is hooked up so the ECU thinks you are doing 180kph (at 112kph) and is therefore cutting the fuel as the standard japanese 180kph speed limiter. If so you need to make it think your going slower. Use less magnets if you are using a multi magnet set-up.

Have fun, I would like to come down and check it out one day.

Wes - www.offroadvw.net - 200HP Quad Cam V6 in a VW Baja - with climate control... :)
www.taylorcycles.com.au - My DH MTB racing brothers shop.
Super Moderatorkombi_kid
Super Moderator
Good Kid too many projects

Rank Avatar

No Avatar

Threads: 341

posted on December 13th, 2003 at 02:28 PM

got any pics of it all in??? i take it this is in a T4 and your using a EJ25?
cheers
rhys

it aint just cool its aircool'd
Membertonyg
Seriously Crusin Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 15

Mood: lost in the deep north

posted on December 13th, 2003 at 03:03 PM

Hi Wes, Thanx for your response...
Welcome to have a squiz (let me clean up the engine room first) anytime. Still got the speed sensor to sort, (thanx for the suggestion... makes sense to me!) and have to fit a new fan switch to the radiator.. managed to get one at Imp Adv on way back from caboolture yesterday. As its a cruiser (not like your pocket rocket) I want to play with gearing by putting taller rims on. Got a set of 15X6.5" merc rims but having trouble confirming gear ratios and diff in the 5 speed, hence have not been able to calculate which diameter tyre to fit. All will be resoved in due course!
Will trick the speedo when the weather cools a little..
regards
tonyg

they took me away haha, hope the medication works

Go To Top