Casual Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 10

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )
Mood: Bent n Twisted

buggy.gif posted on December 24th, 2003 at 12:12 AM
Weights of cars?

Has anyone had their cars weighed?

I am curious to know the kerb weight of a Baja. I know that no two cars are the same, but looking for a ballpark figure.
Brad, do you know what your Manx weighs?
Wes, how heavy is the Baja with the V6 on board?

Because of the weight loss involved in an off roader by removing body panels or complete body, What have you done to the front ends so that the car dosent jump around on or off road. With less weight over the front wheels, has someone experienced "ploughing" while driving on a wet road or out in the sticks? When the car goes straight even though you turn the wheel.

Just curious.

Todd :jesus
MemberBaja Wes
Bishop of Volkswagenism
V6 Baja Pioneer

Threads: 94

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )
Mood: Content

posted on December 24th, 2003 at 09:41 AM

haven't had mine weighed, but will bet it is over 900kg. It feels quite heavy. even before the V6 it always felt heavier than a beetle.

Although a baja has some body panels removed compared to a beetle, it then has a lot of steel added back on. So in the end I would think it would end up heavier. For a real Baja anyway.

I know a couple of the LWB GS limo buggies have been weighed at about 800kg - light alloy barwork.

Daz's SWB manx before the new heavy bar-work was around 600kg I think (light alloy barwork at the time I think).

Wes - www.offroadvw.net - 200HP Quad Cam V6 in a VW Baja - with climate control... :)
www.taylorcycles.com.au - My DH MTB racing brothers shop.

Go To Top