MemberCam
Custom Title Time!

Threads: 187

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )
Mood: addicted

posted on April 7th, 2004 at 09:40 PM
hrrm....

Okay boys...

The most active posts on this corner of the forum are both becoming shit slingers and I personally don't think it's on.

I'm not going to point fingers at any people in particular. But pull your heads in okay?
These topics started with people showing off their own engines and their dyno results. For some reason it seems that people don't want to be hospitable and think their king dick when it comes to internet forums. I deal with these people enough in day to day e-mails and internet discussions, as I'm sure you all do to. And I think you will agree that we don't need this on here.

I went to Jim about creating this forum for us racers. Seems we're shunned by most of the restorers, the slammers and racers of other Marques. The purpose I envision with the racers forum was a community to support and push the VW back to being a viable force in the club racing (and other forms of motorsport) scenes. Using each of our experiences, set-ups and the like to help us as a whole move forward in whichever form of motorsport we so choose.

It just seems our egos as males have gotten in the way quick smart. I know alot of thigns don't work and have kept my mouth shut about it. And I'm sure the rest of you guys can show the maturity to do likewise. It does'nt take much intelligence to turn a skeptical comment into a polite short querie. And if that does'nt satisfy you, leave it be. These are not just our cars, they're an emotional investment and I don't believe that should be met with a school yard style point and taunt. Think of how you would feel if you busted your gut over an engine and just wanted to share the results with people who you assumed to be your mates (in a loose sense granted) and was met with not much on the good side of "HA! Ya loser!"

I will also not tolerate people slandering workshops, this forum can be held liable as can yourselves thanks to our shitty laws in this country. And also I don't think it is at all respectful! The post Retro made about the chassis was warranted, I believe, IMHO. But specific digs at other companies over nothing more than personal opinion will not be tolerated.

Lets keep the vibes in here good. And if you don't have something good and/or helpful to ad, consider commenting at all.

Thanks guys, I never wanted to play the moderator. But unfortunately it looks like I may have to if this goes any further.

~Cam
MemberKai.A.
Fahrvergnugen

Threads: 76

Mood: dubless...

posted on April 7th, 2004 at 10:10 PM

here here!!

although it took me ages to read it all, i kept getting distracted by that avatar......

kai:cool:

[Edited on 7-4-2004 by Kai.A.]
MemberCam
Custom Title Time!

posted on April 7th, 2004 at 11:12 PM

Yeah, I ramble on abit, hey? ;)

haha, cheers. I downloaded the actual crash vid. It's a Porsche GT1 at Road Atlanta. Then just took heaps of screen shots :D
MemberCraig Torrens
A.k.a.: Craig Torrens
Scirocco Rare
6 times Australian, 7 times State Hillclimb Class Champion

Threads: 347

Mood: Time to go Salt lake racing, and actually achieve a result.

posted on April 7th, 2004 at 11:17 PM

I agree, but remember you have both had stirs as well !:P

Love the Avatar. makes me think I better get a spoiler and rear wing !!

MemberCam
Custom Title Time!

posted on April 8th, 2004 at 10:53 AM

I know mate. I think we should all take a step back. There is no need for our attitudes when it comes to these sorts of things. Different strokes for different folks I say (pardon the pun).

Cheers. LOL. I think the front was the issue with that flip :P
MemberHotRodMatt
Wolfsburg Elder
If it's old or rare - cut it!

Threads: 361

posted on April 8th, 2004 at 11:17 AM

Quote:

These topics started with people showing off their own engines and their dyno results.

What would be most helpful with these rather than the pissing comps is to suggest tuning with the current set up.

If you see the fuels are wierd try suggesting where to fatten or lean (idles, mains etc).

If comparrisons are going to be made remember what each engine is designed for... a circuit engine is different to a drag engine, a blown engine is different to a turbo...

My thoughts... and continued congrats to everyone who has had the guts to post their graphs...
Memberamazer
Bishop of Volkswagenism
kombi pilot

Threads: 308

Mood: Peachy!

posted on April 8th, 2004 at 12:54 PM

mmm. too many crankers on this forum I think.

Admitting I have been there a few times meself.

Chris.... kombi pilot, oval dreamer... finisher #26971 2005 city to surf
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~amazer39/vwsigline.jpg
MemberCraig Torrens
A.k.a.: Craig Torrens
Scirocco Rare
6 times Australian, 7 times State Hillclimb Class Champion

Threads: 347

Mood: Time to go Salt lake racing, and actually achieve a result.

posted on April 9th, 2004 at 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by HotRodMatt
Quote:

These topics started with people showing off their own engines and their dyno results.

What would be most helpful with these rather than the pissing comps is to suggest tuning with the current set up.

If you see the fuels are wierd try suggesting where to fatten or lean (idles, mains etc).

If comparrisons are going to be made remember what each engine is designed for... a circuit engine is different to a drag engine, a blown engine is different to a turbo...

My thoughts... and continued congrats to everyone who has had the guts to post their graphs...

Good point Matt. Maybe when posting you state what the motor is designed for, so when we look at the Dyno graphs we can see how well the combo meets its purpose. No point having HP if it is in the wrong rev range for what you built the motor for.

Go To Top