Board Logo
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
[ Total Views: 1015 | Total Replies: 0 | Thread Id: 32423 ]
Author: Subject: FUN remember that word?
MemberDannyboy
Veteran Volks Folk
half man , half horse

Threads: 357

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )
Mood: about 2" off the floor

posted on December 1st, 2004 at 10:25 PM
FUN remember that word?

Mmm showing my age but i will share this with you anyhow. My first VW in the UK was a 1500 72. loved it and ever since been an aircooley.
Drag racing was always a love of mine and from the first bugjam i was hooked and raced my manx as much as i could. this was early days. No c/r boxes , no huge carbs turbos and NOS.
We all drove 1600 / 1641's and a few 1835's and a 2110 or so knocking around. we used to drop to 14" rims on the back to run faster and all sorts of cunning mods to have the edge. North V South , buggy V bug , whatever. It was a scream , racing so close it was stupid.
Anyone would run , okay slow cars racing isn't exciting but was for the racers. I know it was a long time ago but that should still apply now. You don't need a 2176 turbo to have a go , you don't need anymore than you already have.
March time will see my Notch out and about on the strip and although not a top contender i WILL be having fun , thrashing the car within an inch of it's life and laughing all the way .
Please join me and get your stock , slightly modified VWS out and pound the strip. Youy will have a blast , without a doudt. Just be put off by peer pressure and what you see in the magazines. 1300's DO fly !!!

Get out there regardless of cc and have a ball , plus a place in the pits!!!!

p.s Ladies you will need to remove all roof racks , whitewalls and spot lights. LOL

Dan;)

Dan;)

[Edited on 1-12-2004 by dannyboy67]

"If i had to explain you wouldnt understand"

The Lower Class

Go To Top