MemberMR930
Wolfsburg Wizard

No Avatar

Threads: 73

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )
Mood: VW crazy.

posted on December 30th, 2004 at 06:09 PM
Qld buggy rego

I'm about to restore an old Supasports that I bought a few years ago that has machinery papers. Just wondering if there is a list of things it has to have to register it in Qld. Like retractable seatbelts,windscreen washers,reverse lights,etc.
MemberAndy42
Insano Dub Head

No Avatar

Threads: 47

Mood: 2.5t Subi Powered

posted on December 30th, 2004 at 06:21 PM

I THINK you will find it will have to comply to the requirements that were in place when the machinery papers were approved. When I did my manx which was had never been regoed but had complience papers ( from the eighties) all it had to do was go through a road worthy and all was sweet. Of the top of my head you would be wise to have retractable seat belts, windscreen wiper and washer, reverse lights, mud flaps, rear cage enclosing the motor. Just all the normal stuff really. Oh and it would help if you had a blue plate for such things as roll bar etc as they like to be able to put a few extra numbers into their computers that make it all look good.

MemberBrad
Wolfsburg Elder

No Avatar

Threads: 332

Mood: Manx Buggy Building

posted on January 1st, 2005 at 10:03 AM

Once a Buggy has become unregistered you need to comply with Safety upgrades. With your buggy you will need to get a Blue Plate for your Roll cage and seats. Apart from that all other things are as outlined on your papers.

Depending on year you should not need reverse lights. So pretty much just rebuild it get the roll cage and seat belts approved and then get a Normal QLD RWC.

Brad
Why copy when you can own an original ?
Meyers Manx Australia
Memberlast celtic warrior
A.k.a.: Steve Barnes
Wolfsburg Wizard

Threads: 33

Mood: Fruity as a nut cake...

posted on January 1st, 2005 at 01:13 PM

Just don't ask any questions of the Transport Dept when you're registering it. That's the easiest way to avoid unneccesary complications. If you strut in all confidant (but not cocky) and act like it's all just normal, they'll play dumb and just do their job. If you start asking questions, they'll start thinking... (And trust me, you don't want a Government employee to start thinking, nothing good can come of it)

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/5273/a65b4ed4b957e1e4477dc7cys3.gif
MemberMR930
Wolfsburg Wizard

No Avatar

Threads: 73

Mood: VW crazy.

posted on January 1st, 2005 at 07:41 PM

Sounds good so far. What's involved in getting a blueplate for the rollbar and seats ?
MemberAndy42
Insano Dub Head

No Avatar

Threads: 47

Mood: 2.5t Subi Powered

posted on January 1st, 2005 at 07:46 PM

With your roll bar it has to comply to the standards set out in the rules for LH8. If it does you will be able to just go to an approved blue plater and he will give you a blue plate (at a price). Seats are much the same but i can not remember what the code is. Unless someone has the Light Vehical Modification book handy it is hard to say what all the complying factors are.

Go To Top