Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Is my T3 normal?
Memberboof2332
Custom Title Time!

Threads: 120

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )
Mood: Sympathetic

posted on October 31st, 2005 at 06:15 PM

I have a friend called Ian. All he does is hang around making smart arse comments and annoying people. It is obviously due to some insecurity or problem associated with his upbringing. We all know this, as deep down does he, and thus we leave him to his annoying self. Sometimes however, he needs to be educated on where he stands on the food chain. This is never hard!

Ring the bell school is in Vdubya!
MemberVDubya
Seriously Crusin Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 4

posted on November 1st, 2005 at 07:43 AM

So I scanned these too?

You can thank boofhead for not getting the nitty gritty on this install now. Anyone who is really interested that isn't a clown and understands because they haven't done that it can still be done I will discuss it with you.

Error
Sorry, you must be a registered user in order to download attachments.

Error

Error

I was going to join the Democrats to keep the bastards honest, but joined the forum instead.
MemberVDubya
Seriously Crusin Dubber

No Avatar

posted on November 1st, 2005 at 07:45 AM

One more.

Error

I was going to join the Democrats to keep the bastards honest, but joined the forum instead.
Memberboof2332
Custom Title Time!

Threads: 120

Mood: Sympathetic

posted on November 2nd, 2005 at 08:35 AM

Poor liitle Vdubya is having a sulk and because of my joke, which he is still upset about, none of us are goung to get the nitty gritty on his conversion. You said you sent it to a shop to get the conversion done, so maybe we could ask them about the nitty gritty.

If your that immature to play school like tit for tat games then that is your choice. Why not post a pic of your whole car with you next to it and sign your actual name.

I apologise to the author for the disruption to this thread.

Matt
Membercrewcabconnection
Custom Title Time!
Being Sid James

Threads: 293

Mood: Looking forward to week 10

posted on November 2nd, 2005 at 10:45 AM

look, I just skip the tit for tat bits, and realise that after many years in the VW-circle that there are all kinds - those that know, those that think they know and those that just talk it up. Me, I don't know, and love the forum as I can get a range of inputs and then feel like I can make an informed choice.

Not interested in the 'who's bigger' stuff, and as I ain't no expert, I'm realistic enough to know that I'm gonna need help and probably find a mechanic that will do it right - I just need to know 'enough' to ensure that I at least know what they are talking about, have some understanding of the process and costs, so that I don't feel like I'm paying someone to 'learn' how to convert the T3. I can 'learn' the hard way for free at home...but as it's the main family ride now, I don't want a project, just want to make sure I get all the right bits for it and that it's a smooth transition.

Hense the need to find people that have actually had local experience....the Yahoo Group for VW/Sube/Vanagon is packed with happy punters, and got some good advice off there to the point of 'it is not too hard, too exy, and is do-able'.

I need to feel confident that the gearbox won't crap itself, the added torque wont wreck it, the cooling will retro fit, the power steer will work and that the change in 'puter, vss, o2 sensor etc., is do-able - in Australia.

I don't want to know if other people think it's a good idea - I know it is - I was hoping to find useable knowledge, not bragging and slagging...

but thanks to everyone who's posted back, it's all good. Just U2U if you can help and don't feel like getting into a theoretical debate or that someone else is gonna hassle you.

Thanks
Deano

Loves a lolcat
MemberMenangler
A.k.a.: Dave Becker
Custom Title Time!

Threads: 309

posted on November 2nd, 2005 at 11:34 AM

I have fitted the Vintage Vee dub chip to my ute now, and along with the Scat 1.4 rockers, it has made a very handy power inprovement, it's still no rocket ship, but revs better from 2800 rpm, not much difference down low, but cruises much better on the highway.

I have noticed with all the subi conversions I have seen, that the ground clearance at the rear is not good, between the sump and the ground, I know that there are sump conversions available so maybe thay are a bit better.

FAHRVERGNUGEN;
Description of a pleasurable sensation,
Experienced when a car and it's driver are in mutual harmony, A unique driving experience, Pleasure, Satisfaction,
A feeling experienced by Volkswagen Drivers.

http://www.thecoolvw.com/vwlogodraai.gif
MemberMenangler
Custom Title Time!

posted on November 23rd, 2005 at 08:47 PM

I have now changed the stock muffler to a 2 & 1/4 inch stainless steel muffler and fitted a hi flo cat, this has made a big difference, more power down low, and easily getting 500k's to a tank of fuel.

FAHRVERGNUGEN;
Experienced when a car and it's driver are in mutual harmony, A unique driving experience, Pleasure, Satisfaction,

Memberjoseph
Casual Dubber

No Avatar

posted on November 24th, 2005 at 11:55 AM

Aah!
That's the sort of information I wanted to hear.

I don't have any problems with the performance/lack of acceleration of the Caravelle, but the fuel consumption is appalling - 420km out of a tank of fuel.

Menangler, is your ute a manual or automatic?

I still suspect the automatic is the main culprit, and have dreamt of replacing it with a manual gearbox - has anyone done that?
MemberMenangler
Custom Title Time!

posted on November 24th, 2005 at 06:35 PM

My ute is a manual,
My wife has an Auto Caravelle, and its fuel economy is like yours, about 450 to a tank at best.

It wouldn't be that hard to convert to manual, but would be easier if you bought a whole manual van to get all the parts off.

FAHRVERGNUGEN;

Memberwiseoldub
Fahrvergnugen

No Avatar

Threads: 176

posted on February 28th, 2006 at 05:56 AM

i also have an auto caravelle that i have taken 2 inches out of and now i am looking at adding extractors or a nice equivilent to increase performance and economy! is that something i can do in an auto dave? or am i best just leaving it standard?
cheers josh
MemberMenangler
Custom Title Time!

posted on March 1st, 2006 at 02:59 PM

Josh,
Just leave the stock exhaust and change the muffler to a straight through stainless one, and "hi flow the cat" it makes a big difference.

FAHRVERGNUGEN;

Memberwiseoldub
Fahrvergnugen

No Avatar

posted on March 2nd, 2006 at 05:48 AM

thanks dave, as always, you are the man!! every time i have needed it, you have been great advice and i thankyou for that!!! from the first show years ago to the 2 ltr you took to spencer for me! cheers mate , i very much appreciate it. a true gentleman of the sport!
cheers josh:beer
Memberwiseoldub
Fahrvergnugen

No Avatar

posted on March 4th, 2006 at 10:59 AM

so what does the muffler upgrade cost? can i get the upgrade from any exhaust joint or does it have to be vw?and is this still ok for an auto?
cheers josh
MemberMenangler
Custom Title Time!

posted on March 5th, 2006 at 08:11 AM

Josh,
I bought mine from the local muffler shop, It had to be made, its Stainless steel, 2 1/2 inch, the same size as the stock muffler, but a bit fatter, so I had to modify the stock muffler brackets so it would mount the same, it is straight through muffler with offset inlet and outlet. cost was $260.00, I had to weld all the flanges and make a tail pipe for it too.
The biggest difference I noticed was it is now a lot easier to take off in 2nd gear, I don't use 1st much now.
It should be fine for an auto too.

Error

FAHRVERGNUGEN;

Membercrewcabconnection
Custom Title Time!
Being Sid James

Threads: 293

Mood: Looking forward to week 10

posted on March 5th, 2006 at 08:17 PM

OOOh, take off with an auto - no where's my turbo lag - off to Muffler Man I go....

Loves a lolcat
Memberwiseoldub
Fahrvergnugen

No Avatar

posted on March 6th, 2006 at 05:44 AM

cheers dave, once again,.... you are the man!
MemberMenangler
Custom Title Time!

posted on March 6th, 2006 at 11:50 AM

Yes the straight through muffler on the ute makes a more noise, nothing to worry about.
My auto Caravelle is an auto and it will stay stock, it goes ok like it is, mainly just gets used around town with the odd trip away. The original muffler lasted 15 years.

FAHRVERGNUGEN;

Memberlobus
Wolfsburg Wizard

No Avatar

Threads: 93

posted on March 6th, 2006 at 12:02 PM

My Caravelle is really my wife's so the noise factor is a concern. if the muffler carks it I will look into it but in the meantime she likes it stock (and NOT lowered).
It is a sweet ride so there is no real need to "fix" anyhing at the moment.

Memberwiseoldub
Fahrvergnugen

No Avatar

posted on March 7th, 2006 at 05:45 AM

horses for courses i guess! i was quite surprised when i bought this caravelle thinking it was perfect for my wife as is, and then she hit me with, ' could do with a bigger exhaust, something shiney and throaty like the twin cab' followed by,' can you lower these ones josh'.
of coarse being the gentle man i am, i had to oblige! THE CAR RIDES ALOT FIRMER WITH THE LOWER SPRINGS BUT FEELS ALOT SAFER WITHOUT ALL THE BODY ROLL.[oops...caps lock] and the exhaust needs replacing anyway! first radiator i have had in close to 15 years and i love it!! very comfy and safe!!
cheers josh
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top