Memberboristherat
Wolfsburg Wizard

Threads: 47

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )
Mood: The times they are a changin'

question.gif posted on May 20th, 2006 at 01:22 AM
Boris Two Toned??

Opinions wanted before I do it.
Thinking of two toning Boris with his side panels in an off white, cream, ivory, beige colour.
What do you guys think?:thumb or :puke

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g88/darryg/vairsig.jpg

1959 Mercedes Benz 190
1963 Chevrolet Corvair
1969 BMW 2002 Auto
1973 Mercedes Benz 230.6
Memberhumpty
Bishop of Volkswagenism

Threads: 139

Mood: Totally boosted!

posted on May 20th, 2006 at 01:40 AM

Well.... What colour is Boris right now?.... If thats boris in the avatar... Id be looking at a side panel colour that is a little more subtle.... Dark and light contrasts that are extreme prove to be a bad choice IMHO..... Aim for colour combo that balance each other... Extreme difference upset the subtle nature of the perfect shape that Bugs have built in... Look to how the orignators of two tone dubs did it.... Hebmuller mixed dark shades with contrasting dark shades, ie: Warm Browns with warm dark reds, Dark greens with a mid tone green of a similar family hue.... I know colours, its what I teach.... My old green bug (see my www) was a two tone bug of lighter spermint like colours.... The dark colour was actually based on an old mitsubishi colour with some blue tint added to brighten it up and the light side panel colour was a 61 Holden colour. Similar hues, but different tones.... much more pleasing to the eye.... IMHO a off white side panel should never be done, but if you want an off white side panel is would work with a light coloured car... Imagine a Sahara Beige bug with a warm off white side panel..... mmmm nice.... Keep the tones similar, warm with warm, cool with cool.... and dont have huge differences in the actual colours...

FUCH your early!

http://www.noh2o.org/ 
Memberweapon
Wolfsburg Wizard

Threads: 72

Mood: no wuckers

posted on May 20th, 2006 at 06:45 AM

i reckon off white boris.rob.
Memberkustomkool
A.k.a.: Damian Von
Custom Title Time!
BEING KOOL AINT CHEAP

Threads: 178

Mood: farked up...

posted on May 21st, 2006 at 12:56 PM

dont two tone it signage it or deluxe trim it.If you do decide to go for two tone dont do red people will claim you copied them....f$$$ckers

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e372/mear156/kustbann.jpg
Memberboristherat
Wolfsburg Wizard

Threads: 47

Mood: The times they are a changin'

posted on May 21st, 2006 at 09:28 PM

Oh man, what is there left to do?? Is everyone who has a cal look (for example) a copycat? I am trying to do original things, porsche hubbys, rod tailpipes, antique waterski and fishing rod and soforth.
Might as well drag off the road and wait till I have money to restore and blend in with everyone else. STREWTH!

[ Edited on 21-5-2006 by boristherat ]

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g88/darryg/vairsig.jpg

1959 Mercedes Benz 190
1963 Chevrolet Corvair
1969 BMW 2002 Auto
1973 Mercedes Benz 230.6
Memberhumpty
Bishop of Volkswagenism

Threads: 139

Mood: Totally boosted!

posted on May 21st, 2006 at 11:02 PM

Thats the problem.... Its tough to stand out.... All the 'good' stuff has been done.... And a lot of crimes have been commited also!...But really... When it comes right down to it.... Do what you want.... Back when I did my two tone bug (1991), few had ever done that before and lots of ppl tried to talk me out of it.... It was slammed, ran late brakes, HiPo donk, close ratio box on FUCH alloys.... That was rare back then.... But after a while others started to do similar things.... My RagRat is different that most too... No one here in WA has a car like it.... And I know few ppl understand it!.... Its an OG Rat (for lack of a better description) on top, and total hotrod underneath.... Stripped RADAR's with custom finishing, Big'n'Littles, Twin Spoties, Narrowed Beam, IRS, 4WDisc brakes, (soon to be) restored pan, tough transaxle and will run a stove hot HiTec EFI Turbo intercooled 2276!.... Just do it the way you want.... Take the advise that is offered, then figure out our own path.....

FUCH your early!

http://www.noh2o.org/ 

Go To Top