Membercrewcabconnection
Custom Title Time!
Being Sid James

Threads: 293

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )
Mood: Looking forward to week 10

posted on July 10th, 2006 at 08:50 PM
Hissing speakers help

got a 400W amp, 4 way. the HU has RCAs for the front and rear, and also 2 RCAs to power the subs. As its a panel van, Im using 6x9 240W Pioneers in the cab doors.

I then run to the cargo area where Ive got 2x10 subs in a boxed cabinet. I will run splits in the cargo area when I get to that part.

I want also to mount 2 more 6x9s in a rear cab divider. Which Ill box in, these will face out the rear hatch.

The rears right now Ive not installed.

So in the front, when the ignition is off or on, and the HU has kicked the amp, I get a low level hissing off the speakers. Is that normal? or should it be absolutely quiet?

Ive used gold connectors to the amp etc. and RCAs into the amp. Not crap ones. Speaker wire is the thick stuff well insulated.

Whaddayathink?

Cheers

Loves a lolcat
Memberbajachris88
A.k.a.: Chris Leete
23 Windows of Awesome
The international telephone dialing code for Antarctica is 672.

Threads: 534

Mood: A bee bit ma' bottom, now ma' bottom's big!

posted on July 10th, 2006 at 10:29 PM

hmm, u using CD or radio? Does it do it with the engine off? Does it do it always? Does it do it while the music is playing? Even with my computer speakers right now, if i have em turned up full, i can hear em have a little hiss, but when i play music, it can't be heard.

Am thinking on simple terms, whether it be slight interference from electronics in the car, or around the area, or it be bad radio quality or CD quality... either way.... I know there is software to filter out low level hissing and unwanted yukky low level noises (Like a cutoff for pretty low volume noises that allow the real noises (which are projected louder, IE music to come through without the crappiness),

U MIGHT be able to buy an inline attatchment that can filter that out before it reaches the speakers... maybe...

anyways... i'm suppose to be in bed :o

Take a look around though... I get these sorta questions kinda like this at work, but being a noob, this is the best answers i can give...

(ô_!_/ô) (ô_!_/ô)
69' baja: kombi box, thing spindles, irs, disc front, type 3 rear drums, 2 inch lift kit, 31x10 rears. :tu:
New engine in process: 94mm p&bs, 74mm C/w chomol Crank, 35.5x39 SP heads, turbo. Wierd combo, hopeful torque monsta!
MemberColumBUS
A.k.a.: The Liquid Chef
Wolfsburg Elder
Hail To The Bus Driver!

Threads: 164

Mood: Euro - Trashed

posted on July 11th, 2006 at 01:20 AM

your hissing is most likely caused by interference by your ignition.
all you need to do is adjust the supressor on your distributor to dampen it.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j68/kroozinkikko/fishsigfinalsmall.jpg
MemberVw nutter
Wolfsburg Wizard

No Avatar

Threads: 148

Mood: Chillin

posted on July 12th, 2006 at 12:04 AM

it could be your power cable and rca's are crossed? this will cause interference, also if you have cheap shit rca's that arent double sheileded, yeah let us know how u go
cheers
Membersinecure
A.k.a.: Sin
Custom Title Time!
Want another... :(

Threads: 76

Theme: UltimaBB Psyche Blue
Mood: Low, slow and SAD to see it go.

posted on July 13th, 2006 at 12:19 AM

Did you run clean, relay switched power directly from the battery for the main bus? Heavy gauge wire with electronic and magnetic noise supressors would be a must for this sort of set up IMHO.

Maybe a freq. range incompatability with HU, amp and speakers?

A POSSE AD ESSE.

I live in my own little world, but it's okay, they know me here.
Membercrewcabconnection
Custom Title Time!
Being Sid James

Threads: 293

Mood: Looking forward to week 10

posted on July 14th, 2006 at 12:06 AM

No not from the battery...from the fuse box. Im probably being picky. But new to all this stuff. But thats the fun part. I am using decent wire, RCAs and connectors. I don't have any noise supressors. Looks like more work to be done...as if I aint got enough to finish in the next few weeks...thanks for the advice. I suspect that Ill be redoing it ... but Valla is a good place to ask.

Loves a lolcat

Go To Top