Membermegalania
Insano Dub Head

Threads: 65

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )
Mood: Chilled

posted on August 20th, 2006 at 09:17 PM
Interior advice

Hi guys here is my problem

1. I don't like the interior of my 76 kombi and want to put new carpet/wall lining in.

2. I want it to be floor to ceiling coverage as I do not really like the painted body look.

3. I am looking for cheapish interior material like end of roll/bolt, end of line etc and was wondering if you guys knew anywhere I could go. I am in Melb.

Thanks, you guys are awesome.
MemberColumBUS
A.k.a.: The Liquid Chef
Wolfsburg Elder
Hail To The Bus Driver!

Threads: 164

Mood: Euro - Trashed

posted on August 20th, 2006 at 09:24 PM

waste cotton is available though quite a few fabric outlets, i'll post the details in my members rides thread as soon as i have it. fantastic for insulation and sound deadening, and very forgiving. i slept ion my kombi at valla and i was toasty warm despite the freezing cold nights.

i'm using marine carpet in mine, which contact glues straight over the top of the waste cotton. its thick and strong, and is still pliable enough to bend around corners, if you make your cuts right. usually sells at about $20 per linial metre retail, and you can get it in a huge variety of colours.

i'm building my interior for durability and toughness... i never know whats going to happen in the back of my van. i picked meterials that wont absorb smells or stains, and wont be peeling off in a hurry. i'm sure there are easier fabrics or carpets to use, but for the cost, and the result, i'm, very happy with what i'm using.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j68/kroozinkikko/fishsigfinalsmall.jpg
Membermegalania
Insano Dub Head

posted on August 20th, 2006 at 09:37 PM

Thanks Fish, just wondering how many linial? meters would a baywindow need? Did you put masonite/mdf/marine ply over the walls of your bus and cover them or just straight on the waste cotton?
Super Moderator65busser
Super Moderator

Rank Avatar

Threads: 224

Mood: dakked

posted on August 20th, 2006 at 09:41 PM

Go down to Vyfab in Bignal Road, Moorabbin. You'll find everything you could possibly want, and it's not expensive.
I've got an account there and if you need a hand I'm happy to meet you there and sort it.
Brad 0419 356105

Membermegalania
Insano Dub Head

posted on August 20th, 2006 at 09:50 PM

Thanks 65 Busser, I will go have a look and if I need any advice or help you will be the first person I contact.
MemberColumBUS
A.k.a.: The Liquid Chef
Wolfsburg Elder
Hail To The Bus Driver!

Threads: 164

Mood: Euro - Trashed

posted on August 20th, 2006 at 10:25 PM

i'm not sure how many linial metres it is, as we have the stuff on huge rolls at the factory, and i simply pull it off, and work for my dad to pay it off...

i contact glued the waste cotton to the body, then contacted the carpet to the cotton. no mdf or masonite. as i have a panelvan, i cant simply buy pre cut masonite or mdf trim pieces unlike the kits available for windowed busses, and shaping the panels for my buss would be a horror story logistics i cant handle.

if you have a standard windwed bus, your best bet would be to lay down your insulation (waste cotton) first. then, go and pick up one of the pre fab masonite trim sets from classic vw pacific, last time i checked a complete kit for the whole interior of the car cost around $250 plus postage. then you can trim your masonite with anything you want... would look very sweet, and very professional.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j68/kroozinkikko/fishsigfinalsmall.jpg

Go To Top