Author: Subject:  interior trim colour help
Membersilverbullet
A.k.a.: Ian
Officially Full-On Dubber

Threads: 70

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

posted on August 23rd, 2006 at 09:02 PM
interior trim colour help

At the moment i am building up my interior, which has the back seat removed and has a fibreglass enclosure for my stereo gear will aslo have custom door trims, kick panels and centre console all out of fibre glass. Originally i was going to paint all body colour which is going to be a brigh lime green but i think that it might be a bit to much as well as a lot of work smoothing it out. So i am after some advice on trim options and colours that would suit the bright green.I have already gone to all the effort to remove all switches,interior light,sunvisors, smoothing out the dash and removing most of the interior trim clips and holes. I am after a modern, smooth clean look. I aslo have a set of black cobra race seats which i shall probably have re trimmed to match. I was going to go black but would love something a bit differnt.
MemberColumBUS
A.k.a.: The Liquid Chef
Wolfsburg Elder
Hail To The Bus Driver!

Threads: 164

Mood: Euro - Trashed

posted on August 23rd, 2006 at 10:41 PM

hmmm... what colour goes with bright green...
a nice shiny white... but then again that would look too much like the green and white splitty in canberra methinks... time to go something different.

first of all, this sounds like you're putting a lot of time and money into this bus, but how much do you have to spend on this?

im picturing a bright... lime green is it? if its a lime green then it needs a birhgt, bold colour to match, but not so much that it challenges the green to a point where it looks dicky. white is the best option.... perhaps a white interior with a light silver for the fibreglass to break it up?

perhaps your best option is to pick out the colours that you DONT want, then pick from the rest.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j68/kroozinkikko/fishsigfinalsmall.jpg
Memberhandycam
Custom Title Time!
king of something

Threads: 61

Mood: ??????????????????????????

posted on August 23rd, 2006 at 10:53 PM

purple mate:thumb or i have a nother idear il tell u when i c you:thumb:thumb

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y297/vwhandycam/PICT01052.jpg http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y297/vwhandycam/PICT00522.jpg
Membersilverbullet

posted on August 24th, 2006 at 08:36 AM

Well this is now the second time i have built up this car from scratch. the first time i fiited the subaru, painted and fitted out the interior. but i was never happy wi9th the interior fit out just was not finished off tht well . so this time it shall be everything i want it to be because i am not doing it again. as i dont have heaps of money to spend i will be spending enough to get it looking the way i want to. I would love to do a full leather trim out. I di think of the white or maybe a cream just to many options.Yeah the colour that i have chosen is brighter and bit darker than the cyber green you see on new beetles.
Membersilverbullet

posted on August 24th, 2006 at 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by handycam
purple mate:thumb or i have a nother idear il tell u when i c you:thumb:thumb

Purple say what... I love to hear the other idea you have. cheers
MemberColumBUS
A.k.a.: The Liquid Chef
Wolfsburg Elder
Hail To The Bus Driver!

Threads: 164

Mood: Euro - Trashed

posted on August 24th, 2006 at 06:33 PM

purple does go very well with green :D a lavish purple velour would do nicely on the panels with either white, green or silver fibreglass.

perhaps white leather... but remember white leather is A) expensive and B) not gonna stay white for long! i think white is your best option... if you want to get tricky, learn how to sew, and do some pimpin diamonds. that way, even if the colour isnt quite right, people will still ogle over the fantastic pattern that is rarely seen in cars these days.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j68/kroozinkikko/fishsigfinalsmall.jpg
Memberfenrayer
Wolfsburg Wizard

Threads: 38

Mood: moderately insane

posted on January 6th, 2007 at 07:44 PM

you have probably chosen and done your interior now but for future reference for other people a
complimentary colour to go with green is red although i personally wouldn,t go with that colour combo
yellow-green compliments red-violet
violet compliments yellow
blue compliments orange
check out a colour wheel pick up a colour and go opposite it to get your complimentary colour or you can choose your colour and pick a split compliment colour , which would be green, red-viloet and red-orange
if you are wanting a 3 colour scheme then go with the triad formula which in which three colours are equally spaced from each other
which in your case silver bullet would be green, viloet and orange
I think i just confused myself , or you can go with whatever colour you like
lol first year BA of arts ,

Sharon
Member77bay
Seriously Crusin Dubber

Threads: 7

Mood: nearly finished!

posted on January 7th, 2007 at 12:45 PM

Just saw this post, my bus is envy green with bright orange and grey interior. Sounds stange but compliments each other really nice.
Memberaussiebaja
Insano Dub Head

Threads: 98

Mood: happy

posted on January 7th, 2007 at 01:54 PM

iv'e got a 62 baja that is gonna be lime green and the interior is gonna be either lime green with grey seats with a green flek threw them or grey interior with the same seats

BETTER TO BE THOUGHT A FOOL THAN TO OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT:puke
Memberfenrayer
Wolfsburg Wizard

Threads: 38

Mood: moderately insane

posted on January 7th, 2007 at 04:47 PM

i am about to repaint my poraga a really nice blue lol and i probably aint going to go with my own advice but going to go blue purple and black for the interior
my 69 beetle was kawaisaki green and i was going to go purple interior which seems to go well ( they did one on pimp my ride US with xibit )ha i don't know how to spell his name
hehe
Sharon
stacy...... the speckled effect sounds like it will go real nice

Go To Top