Author: Subject:  New noisy bit and new stick changy thingy
MemberJazzyG
Learner Dubber

Threads: 6

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

posted on June 26th, 2007 at 10:29 PM
New noisy bit and new stick changy thingy

Evenin Folks,

Just a quickie. I've got a 68 Notch that's my daily driver and it's noisy bit has certainly seen better days as has the stick changy thingy, so I'm looking to throw some cash at it to see if I can make "Notchy" (Sure! what else do you call a Notchback?) a little more (read, a lot) reliable and a little less noisy (gearbox main bearing is driving me daft!)

Subsequently I'm looking for one of a number of options (or any combo of), firstly, reconditioned motors and gearboxes. Where do you get 'em and for how much? Secondly, the "new" motors, they any good? And Emmachisette? Thirdly, has anybody imported one of those Rhino boxs from the US? They any good and what do they cost landed here?

While I'd like something that's got a bit of zing, I'm more interested in reliability and dare I say it, fuel effeciency, but if I can find something that's a bit saucy, is reliable and sounds a bit fruity, then I'm all over it :starhit:

Ok, so it wasn't that quick...but there ya go :blush

Cheers
Jazzy

Canberra - Home of the Freezing
MemberNotch Nut
Custom Title Time!

Threads: 37

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

posted on July 5th, 2007 at 09:34 PM

Greetings.
I am using my notch as a daily driver when not riding the bike.
It has a reco 1600 engine (I blew up the origional engine). Cost me under 2k to rebuild about 7 years ago. Most of the maintenance I do myself.
In your situation, maybe get the gearbox seen to and work from there. I know Grey57 is using a type 3 gearbox in his Ghia and running a 2.4 litre porsche motor. They're tough little buggers those type 3 gearboxes.
Unfortunately I don't know of anyone in Canberra that can help you out as I am in Melbourne.

How much zing you want will depend on $$, reliability and fuel effeciency.
Good luck.:thumb
- Adam

If you can't fix it with a hammer,
you have an electrical problem....

Go To Top