Board Logo
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
[ Total Views: 1735 | Total Replies: 2 | Thread Id: 66395 ]
Author: Subject:  Got a good gas-man (in Melb)???
MemberDaisy-Jane
Learner Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 11

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )
Mood: Loving the sunny days

posted on December 3rd, 2007 at 02:03 PM
Got a good gas-man (in Melb)???

I'm looking for a gas-person in or around Melbourne who can check out the gas pipework in my kombi camper.
I've never tried to run the fridge off gas and need to check if it works/is safe before doing so.
Also looking for a screw & spring to fix the knob on my old style gas-stove (a Flavel Radford II)... failing that will be looking for a new stove.
Generally after someone who can check the whole gas/stove/fridge set up out and make sure it's in working order and safe so I don't add to the firey's workload this summer!
Any recommendations much appreciated!
MemberWarrenm
Wolfsburg Wizard

Threads: 98

Mood: Cruising & Happy

posted on December 3rd, 2007 at 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Daisy-Jane
I'm looking for a gas-person in or around Melbourne who can check out the gas pipework in my kombi camper.
I've never tried to run the fridge off gas and need to check if it works/is safe before doing so.
Also looking for a screw & spring to fix the knob on my old style gas-stove (a Flavel Radford II)... failing that will be looking for a new stove.
Generally after someone who can check the whole gas/stove/fridge set up out and make sure it's in working order and safe so I don't add to the firey's workload this summer!
Any recommendations much appreciated!

Is it a 3 way fridge? If so many never use gas as it can only be used when stationery.

Any caravan repair place can usely do a quick check- is the gas cylinder in a cupboard or behind front seat?

Warren

MemberDaisy-Jane
Learner Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 11

Mood: Loving the sunny days

posted on December 3rd, 2007 at 04:16 PM

Thanks Warren.
Yes it's a 3-way. Heading off for a week to a remote site with no power available so was hoping to find out if it can run off gas when we're parked up but not sure if it's even connected. Gas bottle is in the cupboard next to fridge/stove, underneath sink... no gas bucket so probably not entirely legal now and keen to get old copper piping checked out! Will search out a caravan repair place and see what they say. Thanks heaps... any other tips appreciated! DJ

Go To Top