Board Logo
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
[ Total Views: 1745 | Total Replies: 2 | Thread Id: 66495 ]
Author: Subject:  Stereo installation made easy!!!!
Membertubbed
Casual Dubber

Threads: 15

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

posted on December 10th, 2007 at 02:14 PM
Stereo installation made easy!!!!

Guys,

I guess a lot of you out there are like minded, cutting into the dash of the ol split screen to install a stereo just isn’t going to happen... Installation under the dash or under the parcel shelf, have been the way most people get around it. This is ok, but in a single cab space is at a premium!

So, I made up a plug for a direct replacement of the access panel to the fresh air vent. Last night I finally installed the prototype, thought you guys might like to see the result.

I have made blanking off plates for the air intakes, but duct tape has done a brilliant job thus far (I've had the access plate off for about 1 month so plenty of testing time in wet weather) Now I hear you asking, do I notice a sudden lack of fresh air...nah

Wiring, I drilled 3x13mm that’s it. Some of you may be thinking that’s 3 to many, but seriously, I think the tidy result is worth a little sacrifice. So, the cables run up the corner of the back wall and through the ceiling into the fresh air bulkhead.

The plug I used is a little battered, but I will improve a few parts of it and use a better jelcoat system... will also use 10ouce fabric which will stiffen up the edges (notice waves along the top) so it'll be good for a few more hopefully. I may start offering them if there is an interest.. not sure on the cost yet.

FYI I'm running a rockford fosgate 4ch & 6x9s behind the seat and kicker components up front. Rattles the rust
Cheers

Daniel

Error
Sorry, you must be a registered user in order to download attachments.
MemberVw nutter
Wolfsburg Wizard

No Avatar

Threads: 148

Mood: Chillin

posted on January 3rd, 2008 at 10:46 PM

cool u must have a long neck?
MemberSamblers
Officially Full-On Dubber

Threads: 52