Author: Subject:  Fuel Injection
Memberairkewld
Slammed & Awesome Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 9

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

posted on June 6th, 2008 at 09:04 PM
Fuel Injection

Hey guys just wondering what are the greatest benefits obtained from using EFI in comparison with carbs. I was thinking of making the change sometime in the future and was not only aiming to make it more"streetable" but also hoping to get more power. What are some good throttle bodies, injectors,fuel rails etc on the market for vw application?... Are they suitable for racing?
Memberwesti
Custom Title Time!
what the

Threads: 28

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue
Mood: not blue, pink

posted on June 6th, 2008 at 11:00 PM

efi hardware or injection perfection.
as for power good luck.
it will produce no more power than carbies at wide open throttle if the carbies have been done correctly and judging by your power figures i would say they are,but it will give you a much better torque curve.
and yes racing no problem.
that's my 2 cents worth ,lets see what others have to say.

down sharon.
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n1/westibug/cougar.jpg
Member1303Steve
A.k.a.: Steve Carter
Scirocco Rare

Threads: 559

Mood: Parrot Heading

posted on June 6th, 2008 at 11:33 PM

Hi

I used to run dual 46ida Webers, I then went to a single throttle body with injection. In day 2 day traffic I found that where i would have to plan a manoeuvre with Webers so that I didn't get wheelspin or the motor would bog down, with injection you just got a smooth result no matter what you do, the word for it is tractability.

When the Bergs started using Haltech EFI in drag racing it was banned the regulating body in the US.

Another good thing about EFI is altitude & barometric correction, EFI does this automatically, to get altitude & barometric correction with carbs you need a great deal of experience, knowledge and know a good witchdoctor.

Steve
MemberLIFE IN THE LOW LANE
A.k.a.: Brennden Alder
Son of Jim - Creator of Good
All people have the right to stupidity but some abuse the privilege

Threads: 53

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Orange
Mood: What Kombi wants vs what Kombi gets are nowhere near the same...

posted on June 7th, 2008 at 08:42 AM

Full throttle application carbs versus EFi there isn't a great deal of interest but for anything under that EFI for the win. Scope of tuning is far more prescise with EFI too.

[size=4] ACCEPT THAT SOME DAYS YOU ARE THE PIDGEON AND SOME DAYS YOU ARE THE STATUE[/size]

Alder Outlaws VW Racing - check it out on fb!!
Memberairkewld
Slammed & Awesome Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 9

posted on June 7th, 2008 at 02:45 PM

ok thanks... so overall would you say EFI is the way to go? As for throttle bodies, would bigger be better if u had the hardware to match it ?( 55mm was the largest i could find) Injection perfection and EFI hardware have some awsome looking gear..... i noticed the 4 cylinder section only has TB to match DCOE.. since i have IDAs with matching manifolds would i need to find the kit that matches IDA or are they the same thing?
Member66deluxe
Custom Title Time!

Threads: 139

Theme: XMBX Pro Green

posted on June 7th, 2008 at 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by airkewld
ok thanks... so overall would you say EFI is the way to go? As for throttle bodies, would bigger be better if u had the hardware to match it ?( 55mm was the largest i could find) Injection perfection and EFI hardware have some awsome looking gear..... i noticed the 4 cylinder section only has TB to match DCOE.. since i have IDAs with matching manifolds would i need to find the kit that matches IDA or are they the same thing?

Injection Perfection does have IDA throttle bodies, EFI Hardware has them also but listed under rotary.

This is my Volkswagen, there are many like it, but this one is mine. Without me my Volkswagen is useless, without my Volkswagen, I am useless.

61 Karmann Ghia 2110cc type1 w Los Panchito's
66 Deluxe Beetle 2270 type 4
10 Subaru WRX Impreza

Go To Top