Board Logo
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
[ Total Views: 642 | Total Replies: 5 | Thread Id: 70891 ]
Author: Subject:  Sleeing on the side of the road sucked.
MemberBoozer
Custom Title Time!
Demented But Determined

No Avatar

Threads: 129

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )
Mood: What the crap?

thumbdown.gif posted on August 4th, 2008 at 08:44 PM
Sleeing on the side of the road sucked.

Yeah it was me. Only had the baja on the road a few weeks and now it's in someone's front yard near Grafton. It was runnning real well on friday night down to valla from Brisvegas till we got past Ballina. Then it started pinging easily. And then went bang, bang, bang like the exhaust snapped off at the head. Pulled over to see flames coming out the head under the exhaust port. ****ing hell! The pushrod tube also looked bent and had oil all over it. This was at 11:00ish at night when I put a call through to the rest of the crew who'd gone down earlier. Apparently everyone'd been drinking and couldn't pick us up till the morning, which didn't suprise me at all. Wahey! So me and my mate got to spend the night in a baja filled with camping shit and a pushie with trucks going past every minute or so till we could get picked up at 7:30ish. Got back to valla right in the middle of the street parade. After that the weekend got better but now the next one is booked out for a baja rescue.:lol:
Put my story in the hard luck box for a laugh, didn't expect to win it though! I was a bit stunned actually, normally the way my luck goes I don't win shit.:lol:
So now I'm planning something different for the baja once I get it back home again....

THe MC Bat Commander's motto: "Never do now, what you could do for 24 hours straight, all night, the night before."
Memberparra
Casual Dubber

Threads: 11

posted on August 4th, 2008 at 09:40 PM

and did you really expect that we wouldnt be drinking?! haha, come on... tell the rest of the story - the bit about the crate full of grog that you had. not to mention the box of muffins... honestly, dont know what your complaining about!!
Memberbajachris88
A.k.a.: Chris Leete
23 Windows of Awesome
The international telephone dialing code for Antarctica is 672.

Threads: 534

Mood: A bee bit ma' bottom, now ma' bottom's big!

posted on August 4th, 2008 at 09:42 PM

what caused that!!!! :o

(ô_!_/ô) (ô_!_/ô)
69' baja: kombi box, thing spindles, irs, disc front, type 3 rear drums, 2 inch lift kit, 31x10 rears. :tu:
New engine in process: 94mm p&bs, 74mm C/w chomol Crank, 35.5x39 SP heads, turbo. Wierd combo, hopeful torque monsta!
Membermatara
Custom Title Time!

Threads: 255

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Grey
Mood: 356'd

posted on August 4th, 2008 at 09:51 PM
matara

Someone in a white 70 ish beetle blew their motor too turning right onto the Pacific Highway after the parade. I know because half his sump ended up on the front of my splitty ;)

Cheers

Steve

http://www.matara.net/vwpics/myvws/sigpicx600.jpg
Member$2.63 homebrand baja

Threads: 0

Mood: vigorously apathetic

posted on August 5th, 2008 at 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Boozer
Yeah it was me. Only had the baja on the road a few weeks and now it's in someone's front yard near Grafton. It was runnning real well on friday night down to valla from Brisvegas till we got past Ballina. Then it started pinging easily. And then went bang, bang, bang like the exhaust snapped off at the head. Pulled over to see flames coming out the head under the exhaust port. ****ing hell! The pushrod tube also looked bent and had oil all over it. This was at 11:00ish at night when I put a call through to the rest of the crew who'd gone down earlier. Apparently everyone'd been drinking and couldn't pick us up till the morning, which didn't suprise me at all. Wahey! So me and my mate got to spend the night in a baja filled with camping shit and a pushie with trucks going past every minute or so till we could get picked up at 7:30ish. Got back to valla right in the middle of the street parade. After that the weekend got better but now the next one is booked out for a baja rescue.:lol:
Put my story in the hard luck box for a laugh, didn't expect to win it though! I was a bit stunned actually, normally the way my luck goes I don't win shit.:lol:
So now I'm planning something different for the baja once I get it back home again....

:lol: grafton was about where daisy lost her headlights from memory last valla...no way was I going to leave her there (cars that ate paris spring to mind), everyone had been drinking too, so we battled on in the rain using my hazzard lights and the country buggy as my giude... that's a poor effort Boozer, you should have stolen a horse from a farm, hitched up the bug and continued on.. shame boozer...shame! :ninja:
Member68AutoBug
A.k.a.: Lee Noonan
Aircooled Master
Beetle Restorer - Experience over 138% - YIKES --

Threads: 449

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Yellow
Mood: Really Mentally Ill - all of the time -

posted on August 5th, 2008 at 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by matara
Someone in a white 70 ish beetle blew their motor too turning right onto the Pacific Highway after the parade. I know because half his sump ended up on the front of my splitty ;)

Cheers

Steve

That white Beetle was going great overtaking Us ...

then My car including windscreen was covered in spots of Oil....
and the air was filled with Blue smoke...
it kept going for a while...
Longer than I thought it would have...
with that amount of Blue smoke...

LEE

- [size=4]Helping keep Air Cooled VWs on the road - location: SCONE in the Upper Hunter Valley - Northern NSW 320 kms NNW of SYDNEY--- [/size]

Go To Top