Author: Subject:  prestige auto air
Membershapey
Learner Dubber

Threads: 3

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )
Mood: english

posted on October 5th, 2008 at 05:30 AM
prestige auto air

anyone got any knowledge of this company?
i have an in dash air-con fitted in my kombi ('89 2.1)
the control panel plate reads "custom prestige auto air"
had a google search and can't find any info...

thanks!
Membershapey
Learner Dubber

posted on October 5th, 2008 at 05:32 AM

just posting this so i get email notification if anyone replies... :ninja:
Memberpod
A.k.a.: paul mrvw061
Compulsive Aussie Vee Dubber
i`ve got to finish this thing one day

Threads: 145

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Yellow
Mood: could be better

posted on October 5th, 2008 at 10:22 AM

this is what i found....... i think the t25 i had also had the a/c from prestige

The late Ken Rudder, of Sydney was regarded as a pioneer of the purest form because he started in auto air in 1967, when the industry was barely five years old.

His award was accepted at Wire & Gas convention by Ken’s brother, Elton Rudder, who also runs an AC workshop north of Sydney.

Ken began in the industry in 1967 and up to 1972 was in his first auto air job at Air Pty Ltd, Parramatta Road, Camperdown. In 1973 Ken and his partner Peter Austin started All Car Air conditioning in St Peters and moved to Marrickville in 1978. In 1979, Ken sold his interests to Peter, and started Prestige Auto Air Pty Ltd with his partner David Cannell.

In 1982, he bought out Dave’s interests and continued the business until it went into liquidation in 1999.
He started Avken Products, at Prestons, where he traded until 2002. Ken then started Vancool, which is still operating today.

His first business had grown rapidly with the popularity of Mazda and the rotary engine models which most others at the time found too risky or too difficult to air condition.

Ken Rudder developed a determination to fabricate everything in house. His desire to be independent was paramount.

Ken was always looking for that little extra to add value to his products. Ralph Cadman, another great pioneer who imported and distributed Unicla compressors, recalls Ken’s obsession with shiny bolts. Unicla mount and drive kits were full of shiny bolts, but there was a shortage of them in Australia.

In an effort to make his brackets look better, Ken would appear at Unicla’s back door, pleading with Ralph to lend him some shiny bolts.

Always ambitious, sometimes beyond reality, Ken’s expansion into the larger premises of Prestige Air was a stepping stone towards something bigger.

Prestige became the titan of the industry for all the AC applications that were ‘too hard’. It was remarkable what Ken Rudder could build, and he did build the whole system except for the compressors and cores.

And from doing all this complicated, hard stuff, he just carried on air conditioning anything that moved and that included backhoes, trucks, tractors, sweepers and fridge vans.

meetings 1st sunday of the month
check wbsite for location
All Welcome
http://www.flatfour.org/ 
and on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/FlatFour 
Membershapey
Learner Dubber

posted on October 6th, 2008 at 05:10 AM

:yes: nice one! a bit more info than i was expecting to be honest! really appreciate the effort!
where the hell did you find all that out from?
Membergrumble
Son of Jim - Creator of Good

Threads: 53

Mood: happy all the time

posted on October 13th, 2008 at 07:08 PM

That is awesome information,but does anyone have a wiring diagram for the T25 air conditioning system. The unit in my van has obviously had a problem and a lot of the wiring has been disconnected.If I can find a diagram it will make it easier for the air cond guys or me to rectify. regards Les
MemberVolksaddict
Wolfsburg Wizard

Threads: 102

Mood: hooked

posted on October 13th, 2008 at 08:14 PM

Recently fitted a prestige (out of wreck) to my 90 ..wiring is straight forward enough ...up front three heavy wires that splice into radiator fan supply. Theres a black line from compressor to front van (receiver drier??)..the relays at the fan assembly all house the fan switch and the temp adjust switch hooks upto the sensor in the top outlet (ie top of dash where air comes out!!)..hope that makes sense ..think that covers it

Cheers&Beers
Ray V
Membergrumble
Son of Jim - Creator of Good

Threads: 53

Mood: happy all the time

posted on October 14th, 2008 at 08:07 PM

Thanks Ray,I'll have a crack at it in the next couple of weeks (or sooner if my wife complains about the temp) Regards Les
MemberVolksaddict
Wolfsburg Wizard

Threads: 102

Mood: hooked

posted on October 14th, 2008 at 08:25 PM

Great read Pod ...Grumble PM me if you get stuck

Cheers&Beers
Ray V

Go To Top