Author: Subject:  Mk3 Golf GTI's
Membermatara
Custom Title Time!

Threads: 255

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Grey
Mood: 356'd

posted on January 5th, 2009 at 03:21 PM
Mk3 Golf GTI's

Came across someone selling a clean Mk3 Golf GTI thats a personal import for around $4-$5k. Just wondering are the Mk3 GTI's any good? Is this the sort of money they sell for.

Cheers

Steve

http://www.matara.net/vwpics/myvws/sigpicx600.jpg
MemberPhil74Camper
Son of Jim - Creator of Good
Head in the Clouds

Threads: 193

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

posted on January 9th, 2009 at 12:22 PM

Well they don't seem to have quite as good a reputation in the UK (from what I've read), as the earlier Mk2s. They seem to be thought of as somehow flabbier and less sharp - perhaps middle-aged might be the way to put it. Would still be a great car no matter how you look at it.

Mk3 Golf GTis were not sold in Australia. We got a 2-litre 85 kW motor in the GL, and the VR6 (as weill as the 1.8-litre CL). Good GLs from 1995-98 seem to be selling from around $6-$8K, with VR6s around $8-$10k or more, so that GTI import sounds like a bargain.
Membermatara
Custom Title Time!

Threads: 255

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Grey
Mood: 356'd

posted on January 9th, 2009 at 03:07 PM

The guy who owns it (Allan) left a note on my splitty as he's looking for a splitty, and when I spoke to him he said he had this Mk3 GTi for sale.

He's had it for quite a few years, and its a German import although its RHD so I guess it came from the UK as a personal import some time ago. Sounds in good nick, but no use to me as I'm heading overseas in a few months.

If anyone wants his number, please PM me, he lives in Castle Hill, Sydney. Word of caution though, this guy is like Stan Pobjoy on the phone. He was mentioning figures of 4-5k when I asked.

Cheers

Steve

http://www.matara.net/vwpics/myvws/sigpicx600.jpg

Go To Top