Membermonster
Casual Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 7

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

posted on January 6th, 2009 at 01:44 PM
New interior

Hi all,

I have been trying to pull together some pricing for a new interior for a bug I am going to buy. But unfortunalty the shops I have tried are still not back at work. The car is 63 beryl green bug.

Can anyone give me an idea as to costs for the following items. Also any suggestions as to who can perform the work would be great.

I am interested in getting a quality interior done. Listed below are
the things I am interested in.

1. 2x new stock front seats, with a nice quality reupholdered finish, Cream colour.

2. New door trimms to match paint, (beryl green), probably the green with a white stripe.

3. Sound proofing throughout the car, it does not need to be silent, but some noise reduction would be good.

4. New carpets through out, however I do not want everything carpeted, just what was covered originally. Cream colour

5. New floor mats

6. Hidden stereo head unit, hidden speakers in front and back. Nothing huge, just good quality. I am
thinking in the front doors, and below the rear seats? I do not really want to use the parcel shelf if I can avoid it.

7. retractable seatbelts.

None of this stuff needs to be show quality, but I am looking for a good quality job.

Any advice appreciated.
Member1916baja
Custom Title Time!

Threads: 176

posted on January 6th, 2009 at 05:31 PM

I would do it all bar the seat belts and the hidden cd player for around the $1600 dollar mark. those other things would be extra... you will probably find most trim shops will not put seat belts and stereos in. Seat belts need to be mod plated i believe. And stereos are for auto elecs but most people can put them in.

I am in brisbane if you want to sort something out, I don't know where you are?
I probably wouldn't use my price as too much of a guide as i am probably a bit cheaper than others coz i like to work on Vw's. Let me know...

Also depends if the seats are useable. If you are in brisbane and are interested i can post some pics of my work.

Mick.

http://i432.photobucket.com/albums/qq43/1916baja/BigAssWing22.jpg
Membermonster
Casual Dubber

No Avatar

posted on January 6th, 2009 at 05:34 PM

thanks mick, but I am in Sydney.
Membernewghia
A.k.a.: Noddy
Wolfsburg Wizard
stock is for people who cant think outside the square

Threads: 30

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Charcoal
Mood: nood !

posted on January 6th, 2009 at 05:43 PM

Monster, spend a bit of time going to some trimmers that are close to where you live & have a look at their work first.
I used BLACK NEEDLE in Penrith & i'm happy with the results, but mine was a full custom leather & suede job.
I have had other work done at other places for very reasonable costs.
good luck

Step up to get out !!!
Super Administratorbarls
A.k.a.: Mr indestructible
Super Administrator
Causer of Chaos and Mayhem

Rank Avatar

No Avatar

Threads: 295

Theme: UltimaBB Streamlined2
Mood: indestructible? and listening to the voices

posted on January 6th, 2009 at 06:57 PM

i second black needle but if you want custom work its going to cost. i think from memory i did my interior for around the 2 grand mark and thats all custom design stuff but had everything a stock bug has. as for the seat belts see someone who is an authorized fitter for them and talk about it. if i was doing this to my car id start off with the seat belts then the stereo and finally the trimming.
most of the sound proofing can be done by you with dynomat or similar product have a read here
http://forums.aussieveedubbers.com/viewtopic.php?tid=30740 

“We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be free.” Bill Hicks
the chaos project - click me

http://www.goats.com/store/images/banner_destroy.png
Memberrion20000
Casual Dubber

Theme: UltimaBB Pica Red

posted on December 20th, 2011 at 11:20 PM
T3 Interior

Hi Mick. I'm interested in getting my Fastback re carpeted, roof lining re done and the door and rear cards re done. Can u contact me re a quote?

Go To Top