Memberseagull
Compulsive Aussie Vee Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 752

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

yes.gif posted on April 1st, 2009 at 01:06 AM
subaru sti 257 , 200 kw at the rears

I have started my second suabru 2.5 ltr monster motor build
As I am after 200kw at the rears, the following will be able to provide this with rome to move to 220 kw at the rears. This is the run down on what I have collected to date to build the motor to power a vw.

The short block is from a subaru outback 2.5 ltr with a stock bore. Pistions and rods are from a crash test JDM 257 motor, bearings are ACL race series , heads are V3 sti with 750 cc injectors, I have had some work done to the heads porting and angle treatment. The manifold is from the outback with custom fuel rails,Turbo is a TD06 20 G with custom dump pipe & muffler.

Trans will be the custom built select-o-matic I have been working on for some time with a lsd center from a subaru diff fitted with custom out put shaft & drive axel flanges. I have used one of my subaru adapter plates & fly wheels to mate the motor to the trans. Drive shafts are billet jobs with 911 cvs & chrome molly cages.

Front brakes are Rx7 on billet hubs & stubs are sleved with CNC adapters , rears are ford

Now to get hold of Humptys notch :) or some thing ?
suitable

working on a ECU for the above now.

Looking for that special lady : PM me for coffee & cake
MemberGTMac
A.k.a.: Andrew
Fahrvergnugen

Threads: 246

Mood: Always asleep

posted on April 1st, 2009 at 05:25 PM

Snds nice Neill, still thinking and you dont help posting stuff like this! :)

What does the 257 stand for?

Andrew

1971 Type 3 Fasty - EJ20T

I love 242HP sleepers. :crazy:

How many sets of lights does it take a $229k Carrera S to learn? :lol: UPDATE: Cayman S, M3, B4 now added to the list.
Membertrickysimon
A.k.a.: Simon Azzopardi
Custom Title Time!
100km/h is only 9 seconds away

Threads: 43

posted on April 1st, 2009 at 05:47 PM

My guess is hp although 257 hp only equals 192kw :dork:

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii19/trickysimon/Beetle/sig.jpg
Memberseagull

No Avatar

posted on April 1st, 2009 at 07:30 PM

257 is late model semi closed block ,with forge pistions and better con rods for turbo aplications. I am closing the deck of the case with my N/A motor.

Membernewoldmanx
A.k.a.: Billy
Wolfsburg Wizard

Threads: 52

Mood: stylin

posted on April 2nd, 2009 at 05:11 PM

seagull nice combo ive decided to go the subie rout in a buggy after running one in my dc for years i have stumbled across this from nz at what i believe to be the right price any info/feedback would be appreciated as i am far from knowing what im looking at at this stage
This is a complete Subaru 2.5 long block with NON AVCS heads with an FLI (Fine Line Imports) custom reverse intake manifold kit. EVERYTHING HAS 5500 MILES ON THEM! This complete Long Block comes with a Cobb Tuning Stage 1 block (forged piston, STI stock forged rods), Cometic .60 head gaskets, U.S. 2.0 liter WRX NON AVCS heads that have been ported and polished, 5 angle valve job, JUN 264 degree camshafts, JUN Titanium retainers and JUN valve springs. This engine has an overall compression ratio of 8.2:1 The intake manifold has been powder coated red, the APS 65mm cold air intake and intercooler piping has been powder coated flat black. The intercooler piping has been wrapped with Thermal Tech heat wrap and black netting for a clean look. There is also a Gruppe S header with Thermal Tech heat wrap and a Cobb Tuning stainless steel up pipe
cheers:tu:

its just a car for f*%k sake
MemberGTMac
Fahrvergnugen

posted on April 2nd, 2009 at 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by newoldmanx
seagull nice combo ive decided to go the subie rout in a buggy after running one in my dc for years i have stumbled across this from nz at what i believe to be the right price any info/feedback would be appreciated as i am far from knowing what im looking at at this stage
This is a complete Subaru 2.5 long block with NON AVCS heads with an FLI (Fine Line Imports) custom reverse intake manifold kit. EVERYTHING HAS 5500 MILES ON THEM! This complete Long Block comes with a Cobb Tuning Stage 1 block (forged piston, STI stock forged rods), Cometic .60 head gaskets, U.S. 2.0 liter WRX NON AVCS heads that have been ported and polished, 5 angle valve job, JUN 264 degree camshafts, JUN Titanium retainers and JUN valve springs. This engine has an overall compression ratio of 8.2:1 The intake manifold has been powder coated red, the APS 65mm cold air intake and intercooler piping has been powder coated flat black. The intercooler piping has been wrapped with Thermal Tech heat wrap and black netting for a clean look. There is also a Gruppe S header with Thermal Tech heat wrap and a Cobb Tuning stainless steel up pipe

And the right price is?

How many sets of lights does it take a $229k Carrera S to learn? :lol: UPDATE: Cayman S, M3, B4 now added to the list.
Memberseagull

No Avatar

posted on April 2nd, 2009 at 07:41 PM

This is a complete Subaru 2.5 long block with NON AVCS heads with an FLI (Fine Line Imports) custom reverse intake manifold kit. EVERYTHING HAS 5500 MILES ON THEM!

This complete Long Block comes with a Cobb Tuning Stage 1 block (forged piston, STI stock forged rods), Cometic .60 head gaskets, U.S. 2.0 liter WRX NON AVCS heads that have been ported and polished, 5 angle valve job

JUN 264 degree camshafts, JUN Titanium retainers and JUN valve springs. This engine has an overall compression ratio of 8.2:1

Seagull , this parts / como are the same as my other 257

I will be in Nz in a few weeks time . If its close to were I am , I would not mind having a look at it for you

Membernewoldmanx
Wolfsburg Wizard

posted on April 3rd, 2009 at 08:37 PM

hey cheers seagull not knowing what im loking at or diong with subie donks I bit the bullet today and have placed an order through John Rykowski of outfront motorsports for a new 450hp "turn key" plug n play
the guy that just bought one of my other manx's "4bkila" is off to NZ tomorrow to look over the engine for his transplant

Memberseagull

No Avatar

posted on April 3rd, 2009 at 10:04 PM

Ok , sounds sweet

MemberJVLRacing
Custom Title Time!

No Avatar

Threads: 30

posted on April 5th, 2009 at 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by GTMac
Quote:

And the right price is?
x2?
Membernewoldmanx
Wolfsburg Wizard

posted on April 5th, 2009 at 02:50 PM

bought it for for $4000nzd

MemberGTMac
Fahrvergnugen

posted on April 5th, 2009 at 08:35 PM

Quote:
bought it for for $4000nzd

Thats pretty good considering his brand new 500hp motors are about $13knz. You will probably also need $4k spent on the gearbox to tame the beast.

Memberseagull

No Avatar

posted on April 5th, 2009 at 10:45 PM

Cheap motor !

Go To Top