Memberraydon26
Learner Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 2

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )
Mood: Everyone's Equal

posted on June 17th, 2009 at 10:00 PM
hello from a family of vw's

Hi, I have been a lover of vw's since i first got my license and have now passed my passion to my family. I myself have a '62 volkswagen - Gina, my daughter (19) has a '71 - Wilma and my youngest daughter who has just got her learners is the proud owner of a '59 (Steve) (i think the ages of the cars are correct). My husband does minor work on the cars but our beloved mechanic gets the major headaches (my 19yr old has his number on speed dial, she has learnt - finally not to text on her phone whilst driving after 2 minor dings, the last in Gina - my car, & that thanks to the wonderful fire brigade, vw's can catch on fire). My son 17 thinks vw's are pretty good but couldn't go past the hz ute (but i do have to be thankful that he has stuck to the old solid cars).
We do hope to be able to meet some if not all of the members from here and look forward to being active members of your club. Take care Donna
The photo is of Steve - The Learner Car.

Error
Sorry, you must be a registered user in order to download attachments.
Memberkombivw
A.k.a.: David
Wolfsburg Wizard

Threads: 54

posted on June 18th, 2009 at 06:17 AM

Welcome Raydon I just bought a beetle for my wife and son to share. No ones driving my Kombi! So we are heading the same way :-)

Membertype3kid
A.k.a.: Aaron
Custom Title Time!

Threads: 107

Mood: evolving..

posted on June 18th, 2009 at 11:55 AM

welcome aboard!!

you need a type 3 in there :)

Memberraydon26
Learner Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 2

Mood: Everyone's Equal

posted on June 18th, 2009 at 07:32 PM

Thanks for the great welcome. You will have to excuse my ignorance (i'll probably get kicked off here after this post), ..........but what is a type 3? I do see a lot of posts with this 'phrase' in it but have just assumed it was a model of car.
I've adored vw's since i got my license when i was 17, my first car was a cream vw (yet again don't ask me anything more about it....it was just so cool), but through the lack of knowledge about this wonderful little beast the smell of petrol really freaked my mother out so my parents got rid of it (do you know how embarassing it is for a 17yr old female to be driving a hq wagon?). When my family grew into their teens we then bought Gina & my kids have grown or adjusted (depends on their moods) to having her and even though she didn't look like much they knew that i would always be there to pick them up in our trusty little Gina. When Cherie got her license at 17, we bought Wilma for her b'day and she was always the popular little pumpkin, Scott was another matter, he liked them but his plans didn't involve driving a vw, then finally when Emily turned 16 we gave her Steve, & i can guarantee you, her car is as loved as much as her horse has been since she was 8.
As you can see by my post, that i don't know much about vw's except for their colours etc but i do have a passion for them and i'm hoping that by being part of a club/group, that i may learn enough to at least put the oil & water in my car (only kidding).
If anyone can guide me to a local group (Bisbane area) i would really appreciate it. Take care all Donna

Go To Top