Author: Subject:  Parts/accessories in Brisbane
MemberUsername unavailable
Learner Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 2

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

posted on July 4th, 2009 at 07:03 PM
Parts/accessories in Brisbane

So my 16-year-old daughter saved money from her part time work, and bought her first car - a two-tone 1962 VW beetle ( http://twitpic.com/92z2d ). She's as happy as can be. And so am I. I would have killed for a veedub like this back in the day – I used to drive a 72 Beetle back in the UK in the late 80’s.

The bug’s reasonably mechanically sound (we’ve found Roger at Southside VW who’s given us a full run down) but there’s some (very) minor bodywork niggles.

Can anybody recommend (Southside Brisbane if possible)…

a) Somewhere where we can get replacement silver trim. The current trim is aluminium and it looks like the previous owner had some issues installing it and it has been squashed flat in some places. Also the bonnet trim goes over the Wolfsburg badge. Should we just cut replacement trim to fit or can we get something specifically for a 62? We have seen possible replacement trim at westcoastmetric.com – are there any Aussie stockists?

b) A paintshop? There’re some stone chips and other areas that need a touch up. I’d like to get the paint colour matched if possible.

Lastly, apart from the VW Wynnum (Sept) and Humble Pie (Feb) events, are there any cruises or other classic car gatherings that anyone knows about? She’s keen to show it off :)

Thanks in advance.

Andrew
Super ModeratorYogie
Super Moderator

Rank Avatar

Threads: 108

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue

posted on July 4th, 2009 at 08:38 PM

Welcome to the forum. You can try Mick Motors over on the northside or in Sydney there are Vintage VW or Classic VW.

For paint, it is out in the Ipswich area but they are very good. Bodyworks Unlimited in Toongarra and Simon is the owner.

Cheers

Yogie
Memberh
A.k.a.: Towely BuMpEr KING! ILLegal ALIEN on a roadtrip
Scirocco Rare
fractals - an ever changing lifestyle

Threads: 375

Theme: XMBX Pro Green
Mood: A T3 is not a Kombi - stop waving at me

posted on July 4th, 2009 at 08:46 PM

hey welcome aboard
as for the bonnet trim over the badge dont cut a thing..
if your not in any hurry n if you turn up to a vw swap meet or two you will find the specific trim made for early beetle if not a whole set of trim as peeps have these things for sale at such dos..
or you can put up a wanted post in for sales on here n someone will be able to help you out
btw your in good hands with roger at southside
ive known him for over 15yrs and he is a good guy and has quality bits n service for your part of town..
put up a pic or two of the 62 then your daughter might log in n steal your thunder.. haha
cheers h

fractal geometry; the inner most limits of mind altering abuse

Fantasy http://seventhchronicle.com 

Z = Z2 + C1/r = 1/0 = infinity

Barrels http://www.barrelman.com.au 

VW Workshop - aircooledgarage.com.au
allcooled.com.au
Member68AutoBug
A.k.a.: Lee Noonan
Aircooled Master
Beetle Restorer - Experience over 138% - YIKES --

Threads: 449

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Yellow
Mood: Really Mentally Ill - all of the time -

posted on July 5th, 2009 at 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Username unavailable
So my 16-year-old daughter saved money from her part time work, and bought her first car - a two-tone 1962 VW beetle ( http://twitpic.com/92z2d ). She's as happy as can be. And so am I. I would have killed for a veedub like this back in the day – I used to drive a 72 Beetle back in the UK in the late 80’s.

The bug’s reasonably mechanically sound (we’ve found Roger at Southside VW who’s given us a full run down) but there’s some (very) minor bodywork niggles.

Can anybody recommend (Southside Brisbane if possible)…

a) Somewhere where we can get replacement silver trim. The current trim is aluminium and it looks like the previous owner had some issues installing it and it has been squashed flat in some places. Also the bonnet trim goes over the Wolfsburg badge. Should we just cut replacement trim to fit or can we get something specifically for a 62? We have seen possible replacement trim at westcoastmetric.com – are there any Aussie stockists?

b) A paintshop? There’re some stone chips and other areas that need a touch up. I’d like to get the paint colour matched if possible.

Lastly, apart from the VW Wynnum (Sept) and Humble Pie (Feb) events, are there any cruises or other classic car gatherings that anyone knows about? She’s keen to show it off :)

Thanks in advance.

Andrew

I can only recommend Mick Motors up Your way...
I just received a parcel from Him yesterday....

You need stainless steel trim off an earlier beetle so the bonnet strip isn't too long...
the aluminium strips bent and dent very easily...
also not as shiney as stainless steel...

cheers

LEE

- [size=4]Helping keep Air Cooled VWs on the road - location: SCONE in the Upper Hunter Valley - Northern NSW 320 kms NNW of SYDNEY--- [/size]
MemberUsername unavailable
Learner Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 2

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

posted on July 5th, 2009 at 07:35 AM

Thanks for the replies, Yogie, H, Lee. Also thanks for the PM Lee (I'd reply, but i need to make some more posts before I can PM).

All very useful!

I'm a bit of a n00b when it come to posting pics in forums, so I've attached a photo, and if that doesn't show up you can see a pic over at twitpic http://twitpic.com/92z2d. 

Thanks

Andrew

Error
Sorry, you must be a registered user in order to download attachments.
Super ModeratorYogie
Super Moderator

Rank Avatar

Threads: 108

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue

posted on July 6th, 2009 at 07:51 AM

AWESOME:D:D
MemberNickster
Officially Full-On Dubber

Threads: 34

Theme: XMBX Pro Green
Mood: Rolling with 'The Dub Collective'

posted on July 22nd, 2009 at 09:55 PM

nice car, what good taste for a 16yr old! Lol!

1962 Deluxe Beetle
1970 Low Light Microbus

Go To Top