Author: Subject:  type 3 carbs
Memberremm340912
Officially Full-On Dubber

Threads: 31

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )
Mood: feeling old skool

posted on July 10th, 2009 at 12:31 PM
type 3 carbs

thinking its about time to overhaul the twin carbs in the notch but was wondering if its better just to buy new ones and if so which ones are reccomended. I wouldnt mind a little more kick in the old girl. Any suggestions?
MemberAndy
Son of Jim - Creator of Good
Andy's Adventures

Threads: 181

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )
Mood: Happy Man

posted on July 10th, 2009 at 08:28 PM

I'm sure others can comment on non stock carbs.
As for stock I would say re-build the originals over new if they are still sound.
I have run both and went back to the originals.
The Brazillian Solex's had issues with the auto chock sticking, and did not have a cam type action like original, so was basically on or off. The top cover and accel. pump cover also warped easily, so I had a lot of trouble with leaking. Once I got a sound set of originals and had them re-built, they were much better.
Memberizac
Wolfsburg Wizard

Threads: 39

Theme: UltimaBB Powder

posted on July 10th, 2009 at 09:34 PM

I installed a set of dual Dellorto 36 DRLA's on my sqaureback about 3 months ago. I am very impressed with them and they have seemed to give it a LOT more kick than the stock dual 32 PSDIT's and are easy to tune. The only problem I've had has been with crossbar linkage i bought for them. I got the short manifolds, air cleaners and linkage from CBperformance through VWparts.net.

Great set of carbs I highly recommend them. you;ll have to buy them second hand though as they are not made anymore. Got my pair off the Samba - they are OE carbs on some 80's Alfa Romeo's.

Go To Top