Learner Dubber

Threads: 3

Theme: UltimaBB Powder
Mood: Positive and full of life

exclamation.gif posted on April 7th, 2010 at 09:23 PM
HELP NEEDED,VW Support Cars

Please I need your Help!!!
Hi,Everyone
My name is Erin-Louise, I am 25years old and living with an autoimmune disease called Lupus.
More people have Lupus than AIDS, Cerebral Palsy, Multiple Sclerosis, Sickle cell anemia and Cystic Fibrosis combined, which makes Lupus Australia’s least recognized major disease; however thousands still go undiagnosed or are misdiagnosed due to the lack of awareness and understanding of this complex disease.
To help raise much needed awareness and funds for this wide spread yet little know disease I will be walking from Brisbane to Sydney dressed as an orange butterfly with my support crew of Vee Dubs not far behind, Starting on the 9th of May 2010 and finishing on June 13th 2010.
The reason for this post is that everything for this walk has been self funded and at the moment I seem to be running out of time and funds to finish my support crew vehicles, I own a '68' Beetle and a '76' Kombi Ute, I also had a Kombi camper until it was stolen :(
I am seeking any assistance with giving these gems the love and attention they deserve. also wanting support from Vee Dub lovers to join in and get involved in this event.

Quote:

PLEASE, I hope you can find it in your hearts to help out another passionate VW lover and help make my dream a reality.
The link below is a small video I made ti create awareness and understanding about Lupus, please take 5 mins to have a look. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkRIqrRi2gc 

Do you have lupus? Do you know someone with Lupus? Would you like to help us find a cure for Lupus?

I Hope and look forward to hearing from you.

Yours Sincerly
Little Lupie[color=Darkorange]
Membersilver
Veteran Volks Folk
Dangerous when poked

Threads: 162

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )
Mood: In 2 Minds

posted on April 7th, 2010 at 10:15 PM

Hi Erin, could you give more details on what help is needed
I have checked the website http://www.lupusnsw.org.au/suppact.html 
and will make a donation but what help is needed with the VW's
let us know
good luck and best wishes
Silver

Keeping it real !
Memberlittlelupie
Learner Dubber

Threads: 3

Theme: UltimaBB Powder
Mood: Positive and full of life

smile.gif posted on April 8th, 2010 at 12:15 AM
All the Help I can get

Hi Silver,

Thanks for the reply. and your generous offer to want to donate to the cause =) much appreciated.

Hmmm what needs doing you ask? Well... scary but practically an overhaul on the beetle, its in pretty good condition but still needs interior and to be resprayed. The Ute is being resprayed at the moment. I had a camper van but unfortunately that was stolen and long gone, so now im trying to get a motor home sponsor?....running out of time and just haven't had the $ to get it all done before the walk, Im getting quiet desperate, hence the shout out the other VW lovers. I chose VW as Ive owned them for the past 9 yrs and as the old saying goes never never give up. my vision was to have a mass following of VWs at the start and finish of the walk.... but time is of the essence and just got my permit through.

Quote:

The below link is a small video that I put together to help people understand and create awareness about Lupus. Please take 5 mins to take a lookhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkRIqrRi2gc

The website for the walk is still under construction. but please don't hesitate to contact me if anyone would like any more information.

Cheers
Erin
Super ModeratorBizarre
Super Moderator
The artist formerly known as blue74l

Rank Avatar

Threads: 730

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

posted on April 8th, 2010 at 09:00 AM

mmmmmmmm.............i will check the website to donate

My mother-in-law had Lupus
Her Dr was Prof Penny who went on to greater things