[ Total Views: 1572 | Total Replies: 0 | Thread Id: 85736 ]
Author: Subject:  Ninja Stealth Stereo
Memberdannyarmstrong
Slammed & Awesome Dubber

Threads: 39

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

info.gif posted on September 1st, 2010 at 03:25 PM
Ninja Stealth Stereo

I'm a bit of an audio geek, but I'm also a traditional sort of English chap. I want to create a stealth stereo that one can hear but never see unless you need it. :ninja:

I have two different paths I could go down, and I would like your thoughts and experiences.

First of all is a weird one, a head unitless system, a line out from an ipod in to a passive volume control (just an audio grade stereo potentiometer) I was going to mod a switch button on the dash to twist the volume control, and put it in one of the unused switch spaces. This is then wired to a 4 channel amp going to some 6x9's on a stealth shelf at the back and then when I have time two front 6in 2xways in some speaker kick panels. I was also looking into doing the ipod in the ashtray trick.

The second way to do it is to buy one of these puppies and pop the headunit in the glove box, http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=C13-3033  with a similar amp setup but prolly with an extra 10in sub in the back.

I'm going to have a lot more control over the audio using the 2nd way, and be able to play them new fangled cd tape things, but its just not as fun!

Ahh decisions.... :crazy:

...1971 - 1302 - My main lady in life!

Go To Top