Author: Subject: need carby info!
Membernewcastle68daka
Commited Dubber

Threads: 29

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )
Mood: GOING BANNANAS

sad.gif posted on September 27th, 2002 at 09:00 PM
need carby info!

Hey everyone. i am having carby troubles with my 1600 duel port. she is running to rich and the mixture screw doesnt seem to do much. i have fully stipped it down and cleaned it but still it gives me dramas. if any one else has had these dramas any info would be great, or any input on another carby and prices (doesnt have to be original) would be great, Thanx!.:D
Member70AutoStik
Insano Dub Head

Threads: 18

posted on September 27th, 2002 at 11:43 PM

You didn't give any details on what you're running (plus, this is the BS&S forum, this post should be in tech.) Pull it off and look at the idle hole, it may be cracked. Blocked compensation circuit is also on the cards.
MemberOvalGlen
Custom Title Time!

Threads: 46

Mood: Change

posted on September 28th, 2002 at 11:20 PM

1. Mixture screw on the Pict 3 carb is done by using two screws. The larger one that most people see first is the (from memory - manual hidden at moment) bypass adjustment, the smaller screw is the volume - I think ..!!! Any way you need to follow the instructions in the manual adjusting both screws correctly to effect the correct mixture adjustment..
2. More details.. Is it standard 1600 Twin Port?, Was it running fine last week and then gradually ...... Or was it perhaps since you started using that LRP.. Which incidently always looks sooty black in the exhaust tips.
Probably good to check the points are correct and timing correct , also advance working without sticking.

Regards,Glenn>

Go To Top