Author: Subject:  Wanted: QLD auto gearbox to suit '94 vr6
MemberType3Sicko
Wolfsburg Wizard

Threads: 70

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )
Mood: yes thanks

posted on May 6th, 2011 at 11:59 AM
Wanted: QLD auto gearbox to suit '94 vr6

Hello all, long time no post, I put it down to poor mental health, anyhow... My auto gearbox code starts with CFF has decided to almost throw in the towel by not selecting top or fourth gear. It holds and shifts through 1st 2nd and 3rd quite well, 3000 rpm and no fourth gear, i' ve had into a factory trained tech who has exhausted his patience trying to fix and ultimately it comes down to. 3 things, find a serviceable replacement box, good luck with that, rebuild existing slush box, not a financial option really or go the manual option, also a not too cheap adventure. One last option is to sell as a going concern. Any ideas are greatly appreciated, I have spoken with Matthew from Camden gti sometime ago and he had a manual conversion for a reasonable amount, it is a 94 and I'm told they are specific years for autos, I would keep it (the golf) if the replacement box is working and shifts well or is a relatively easy service, otherwise it's a full detail and sell as going concern. I am located on the gold coast and PM is best method otherwise call 0457467885 and leave info. Many thanks, Adam ps the engine still has plenty of life left in it for a car that has covered 265k and only one or two gaps in the service history. Frustrating!!!!

How many is enough?
MemberBug_racer
Officially Full-On Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 16

posted on June 6th, 2011 at 09:10 AM

Autos generally have a shorter lifespan than a manual gearbox , the cost to rebuild them is quite a bit more , but thats something that you need to realise before buying an Auto !
MemberType3Sicko
Wolfsburg Wizard

Threads: 70

Mood: yes thanks

posted on June 10th, 2011 at 08:09 PM

Gee thanks for that pearl of wisdom mate.I bought it cheap...ish and now I am paying for it, this vehicle will be up for sale very soon, my loss, your gain? I am quite sure that there are plenty of people out there with more cash than me, keep ya posted

How many is enough?

Go To Top