[ Total Views: 495 | Total Replies: 3 | Thread Id: 91245 ]
Author: Subject:  WTB Adelaide late usable engine case
MemberUncle Craig
Commited Dubber

Threads: 11

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

thumbup.gif posted on June 25th, 2011 at 05:59 PM
WTB Adelaide late usable engine case

G'day Guys, looking for a usable second hand engine case late model, dual relief case. Something that I can get flycut for 94mm pistons. Have twin port heads already cut ready to go. Maybe a crank if there is one out there as well. On a bit of a budget. I am in the Adelaide North east area. many thanks. Craig pm me or cddrexcorp@gmail.com.au

I am sick of ABS, SRS, AFM, SIDI, ECU, PIM, BCM, Electronic sensors & actuators, scan tools, fault codes, programing, flashing, syncing, Drive by wire, tract:crazy:ion & stability control, AARRHHH!!! Just give me Air cooled, VW's.. Simple.
Memberwaveman1500
Custom Title Time!
Also rides a Honda

Threads: 13

posted on June 27th, 2011 at 06:57 PM

I have one, but I'm kind of planning to save it for a rainy day! PM me with an offer if you like. I have a good crank as well.

MemberUncle Craig
Commited Dubber

Threads: 11

posted on June 28th, 2011 at 09:50 AM

Gday Waveman, I have a set of twinport heads and manifolds I picked up for scrap cost but are really good to build a 94mm pot engine. 1915. Need a case, maybe crank, to complete. Was more of a long term project to keep me out of doing the dishes at night........... You know, disappear into the man cave, look busy, that sort of thing. So did you have a dollar in mind? Really a budget build so really just looking for any fellow VW brother who can help out another brother for reasonable dollars. cheers! craig

I am sick of ABS, SRS, AFM, SIDI, ECU, PIM, BCM, Electronic sensors & actuators, scan tools, fault codes, programing, flashing, syncing, Drive by wire, tract:crazy:ion & stability control, AARRHHH!!! Just give me Air cooled, VW's.. Simple.
Memberwaveman1500
Custom Title Time!
Also rides a Honda

Threads: 13

posted on June 28th, 2011 at 08:46 PM

Yeah, I wanted to do the same with this motor, but the cost of the machining and parts scared me away. It would need a line bore and oversized main bearings at the least. I never got around to splitting the case so the crank, cam and lifters are still in there. You might be better off buying a new case, because this one would probably need at least $300-$500 in machining, possibly even more.

Go To Top