Memberpab22
Learner Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 8

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Purple

posted on September 26th, 2011 at 02:54 PM
Who's for painting

Just wondering
I live in Brisbane hoping to find some one who likes painting I have a Beetle off the chasis every thing is bare doors are bare every thing to just walk in:tu:
Would like some to come in and 2 pac it hopefully in purple fading to black don't want to pay $1m But I don't want it for nothing either Cheers
Memberpab22
Learner Dubber

No Avatar

posted on September 26th, 2011 at 04:06 PM
painters delight

Looking at painting the beetle is there any one in brisbane who would be interested. Body is off the frame and every thing is bare A painters dream I would suppose :tu:
Super Administratorhelbus
A.k.a.: Pete S
Super Administrator
Mad fabricator, paint and body

Rank Avatar

Threads: 312

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue
Mood: In the thinking chair

posted on September 26th, 2011 at 06:26 PM

A few things to consider. If it is body off the pan, how are you going to transport it? You will need some strong friends to lift it onto some drums into the booth where it gets painted. The painter who does the job will need the people there as the body gets moved in and out of the booth. Depending on what the preparation has been done like, they may just paint it, or it may be in a condition that needs more rubbing to make it ready.

You want a fading colour, that will be a basecoat style paint job, where the base is applied, then a fade done, then clearcoat over the whole lot. This can be practised or achieved by less experienced painters, however not all are confident to walk straight into a job like that.

They would be wise to know what brand products you already have on the body. It is fair to say that they have no liability for the final finish or warranty on the top finish, as the manufacturer of the paint will also allow no warranty unless the whole system of that brand is applied and finished to their specifications. Painting is not just about talking the talk, walking the walk. Product knowledge is very important.

You need to talk to the painter. Find someone who has access to a paint booth.

Memberpab22
Learner Dubber

No Avatar

posted on September 27th, 2011 at 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by pab22
Just wondering
I live in Brisbane hoping to find some one who likes painting I have a Beetle off the chasis every thing is bare doors are bare every thing to just walk in:tu:
Would like some to come in and 2 pac it hopefully in purple fading to black don't want to pay $1m But I don't want it for nothing either Cheers
Memberpab22
Learner Dubber

No Avatar

thumbup.gif posted on September 27th, 2011 at 09:40 AM
who's 4 painting

Looking for some one who loves painting bugs everything stripped and ready to go no glass no chasis
painters delight

Go To Top