Author: Subject:  Classic Vee Dub
MemberMattriots
Seriously Crusin Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 26

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

posted on November 14th, 2011 at 03:56 PM
Classic Vee Dub

Ordered a few things from them over a month ago, only received a couple of items from my orders, spoken to them a couple of times to see where the other items are and couldn't get a straight answer from them.
Now they don't return my emails or answer the phone and I don't have the parts that I already have paid for!!!
Anybody else had a similar experience with them??

(Edited Helbus)
MembertheVman
Officially Full-On Dubber

Threads: 52

Theme: UltimaBB Vintage

posted on November 14th, 2011 at 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mattriots
Ordered a few things from them over a month ago, only received a couple of items from my orders, spoken to them a couple of times to see where the other items are and couldn't get a straight answer from them.
Now they don't return my emails or answer the phone and I don't have the parts that I already have paid for!!!

Are you saying the Sydney Classic Vee Dub are not a company you would deal with anymore and you prefer to order your parts from overseas at Cip1.com ?

I have not used Cip1.com are they good?

Regards
theVman

1969 Beetle (soon to be Volksrod)
http://www.adlerbike.com/volksrod 
www.installsmith.com
http://www.adlerbike.com/volksrod/images/forum-banner1.png
Memberh
A.k.a.: Towely BuMpEr KING! ILLegal ALIEN on a roadtrip
Scirocco Rare
fractals - an ever changing lifestyle

Threads: 375

Theme: XMBX Pro Green
Mood: A T3 is not a Kombi - stop waving at me

posted on November 14th, 2011 at 05:46 PM

give Boris a call at vintage :spin:

fractal geometry; the inner most limits of mind altering abuse

Fantasy http://seventhchronicle.com 

Z = Z2 + C1/r = 1/0 = infinity

Barrels http://www.barrelman.com.au 

VW Workshop - aircooledgarage.com.au
allcooled.com.au
Membersurfpig

Threads: 35

posted on November 14th, 2011 at 05:47 PM

cip1 is great, i use them for everything. and it takes about 4 days usually :cool:

Im so happy I could just shit.
Memberancientbugger
Custom Title Time!

Threads: 191

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Yellow

posted on November 14th, 2011 at 06:27 PM

I totally agree with Mattriots on this and before anyone states that George is just a one man band then maybe as this isn't the first post in this vein he should look at employing someone and try to regain his customer base
MemberStanley
Compulsive Aussie Vee Dubber
I guess the reward is in the doing of it

Threads: 270

Theme: UltimaBB Psyche Grey
Mood: caught a bolt of lightning cursed the day I let it go

posted on November 14th, 2011 at 07:51 PM

I ordered some brake parts and had them 2 days later. I've never had a problem.
Member1916baja
Custom Title Time!

Threads: 176

posted on November 14th, 2011 at 07:58 PM

I've been getting mucked around by George for the last 4 months. Sent $500 worth of stuff back and it took over a month a hundred phone calls and about 10 emails to get my money back, it took an email telling him i was coming to Sydney personally to collect my money for him to reply and refund me. Id like to say i will never buy from him again but for most things, you just can't compete with his prices.

http://i432.photobucket.com/albums/qq43/1916baja/BigAssWing22.jpg
Memberno1jc
Commited Dubber

Threads: 7

posted on November 14th, 2011 at 08:18 PM

It seems a shame that situations escalate to the point that a thread has to be posted,
I have never had a problem with George but then again, I've always dealt "over the counter" with them,
every time I've been it the shop, George has been packaging up parcel's or answering phone calls,
I'm sure it'll work out
MemberAyeBee
Seriously Crusin Dubber

Threads: 18

posted on November 14th, 2011 at 08:22 PM

Quote:

A number of people, there's another large thread here somewhere with similar stories.
MemberMattriots
Seriously Crusin Dubber

No Avatar

posted on November 14th, 2011 at 09:43 PM

I work customer service for a living, it's not hard to call a customer and tell them what's happening with their order.
After all, the customers pay your salary!! I either want my parts, or I want to know where the he'll they are
CIP1 is the best, prices are dirt cheap and even with international express air freight it still works out about the same prices, and they've got heaps more range of products
Items arrive within 5 days everytime
I wish I discovered them earlier!!
MemberAussie Dubbin
Fahrvergnugen

Threads: 90

posted on November 15th, 2011 at 07:20 AM

For those of us who havent ordered form CIP1, what are the freight prices? do you have an estimated price that you work for so that i can factor that into estimated parts buys. Is it $100 a kilo?

MemberUber Kafer
Wolfsburg Wizard

Threads: 50

Mood: Need a bigger shed..

posted on November 15th, 2011 at 09:02 AM

Mattriots is justified in giving George a spray. I have had some serious crap happen over the years dealing with Classic Vee Dub. But his low prices and big stock range keep me going back for a look.

But, it was the stupid stuff that happened, particularly with Classic Vee Dub that has swayed me to almost exclusively buying online from the US. A parts dealer told me recently that it is forbidden under the 'merchants agreement' to keep a record of customers credit card details. Does George know that?
And yes, if there was another person working in the shop it would go a long way towards providing acceptable customer service.

Answer to Aussie Dubbin above, as with all fully functional online shops, make the effort to register with them, then do a practice with some items. Add some items to your cart, go through the checkout process, and it will calculate the shipping. You dont commit to buying until after you see the shipping cost and total. But, as I have said on the website before, dont look at the shipping by itself, cos its usually significant , look at the total cost, is it cheaper than you can buy elsewhere, is it a significant saving ? if answer is yes then its good option.
Vee Dub Parts Unlimited in Huntington Beach is also very good, very helpful people, they promptly answer emails and welcome Aussie buyers.
MemberMattriots
Seriously Crusin Dubber

No Avatar

posted on November 15th, 2011 at 09:54 AM

Yeah international air freight from CIP1 is normally the same cost as the items, but the items are less than half the price of stuff here, so it all works out great!!
MemberMattriots
Seriously Crusin Dubber

No Avatar

posted on November 15th, 2011 at 09:55 AM

I've spent about 2g with CIP1 in the last couple of weeks!! I hope classic bee dub realizes the sales they are missing out on!!!
MembertheVman

Threads: 52

Theme: UltimaBB Vintage

posted on November 15th, 2011 at 02:38 PM

Quote:
Yeah international air freight from CIP1 is normally the same cost as the items, but the items are less than half the price of stuff here, so it all works out great!!

Yep, I found international shipping to work out to be about that too, from any Business in the USA. Its ridiculous, someones making a lot of profit, surely its does not cost THAT much.

As "Uber Kafer " says, "look at the total cost, is it cheaper than you can buy elsewhere, is it a significant saving ? if answer is yes then its good option." so long as its the same quality part.

Regards
theVman

1969 Beetle (soon to be Volksrod)
http://www.adlerbike.com/volksrod 
www.installsmith.com
http://www.adlerbike.com/volksrod/images/forum-banner1.png
MemberKlaus
Custom Title Time!

Threads: 100

Mood: Heavily modified

posted on November 17th, 2011 at 08:52 AM

George is the man never have any dramas , respect what he does for the vw community he isnt Super Cheap or Kmart
MemberUber Kafer
Wolfsburg Wizard

posted on November 17th, 2011 at 02:14 PM

Respect the fact that some of us have had major dramas.

A $400 item charged to my card and sent across Australia to me, and I didnt even order it..

A $500 mystery debit on my credit card because he bungled his sale and randomly hit my credit card instead of the guy on the phone who ordered the item.. , because he keeps customers credit card details, when he shouldnt..
It took me MONTHS and numerous unanswered emails, lots of wasted energy and time, until I finally got through to him on the phone, before he would refund me the money.
I dont need that $H1T ..!!!!

Dont try and trivialise the crappy experiences that many people have had. They are genuine greviances.
Member5lam
A.k.a.: Dave
Wolfsburg Wizard
AKA: BlackBug

Threads: 38

Mood: Slammed

posted on November 17th, 2011 at 02:42 PM

Wow, thats a bit rude, and not good business practise.

I must say I have spent thousands of dollars with George over the years and never had any problems. If something was on backorder he'd call and let me know.
Until 2 weeks ago - I ordered $900 worth of engine parts and haven't seen/heard a thing. My card hasn't been charged thankfully.

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q149/5LAM/notch10errtar.png
[size=5]Custom doesn't come in a Box[/size]
MemberKlaus
Custom Title Time!

Threads: 100

Mood: Heavily modified

posted on November 18th, 2011 at 04:45 PM

have had dramas but its only money and you get it back in the end , hey I still got $300 plus worth of wrong parts but no biggie I'll use them eventually :)
Member68AutoBug
A.k.a.: Lee Noonan
Aircooled Master
Beetle Restorer - Experience over 138% - YIKES --

Threads: 449

Mood: Really Mentally Ill - all of the time -

info.gif posted on November 18th, 2011 at 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Aussie Dubbin
For those of us who havent ordered form CIP1, what are the freight prices? do you have an estimated price that you work for so that i can factor that into estimated parts buys. Is it $100 a kilo?

Hi
You can log into their website... after You register...
then go in and look at a few items You are interested in
and click on them and then go thru the motions of buying..
You will see the freight cost come up...

YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUY ANYTHING UNTIL YOU HIT THE BUY BUTTON... AND FILL IN THE DETAILS...

SO YOU CAN YOU CLICK ON ANY PARTS AND IT WILL TELL YOU HOW MUCH FOR FREIGHT...

YOU DON'T GET ANYTHING..... UNLESS YOU SAY YOU ARE GOING TO BUY IT ETC... AND GIVE YOUR DETAILS...

NO CHANCE OF ORDERING AND BUYING UNLESS YOU WANT TO...

CHEERS

LEE

Yes, I believe its illegal to keep the credit card details and log on extra items/sales later on....

maybe credit cards should have random codes so this cannot be done.. until then... just report it to Your bank...
and get Your money back..... Lee

- [size=4]Helping keep Air Cooled VWs on the road - location: SCONE in the Upper Hunter Valley - Northern NSW 320 kms NNW of SYDNEY--- [/size]
Member68AutoBug
Aircooled Master

no.gif posted on November 18th, 2011 at 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Uber Kafer
Respect the fact that some of us have had major dramas.

A $400 item charged to my card and sent across Australia to me, and I didnt even order it..

A $500 mystery debit on my credit card because he bungled his sale and randomly hit my credit card instead of the guy on the phone who ordered the item.. , because he keeps customers credit card details, when he shouldnt..
It took me MONTHS and numerous unanswered emails, lots of wasted energy and time, until I finally got through to him on the phone, before he would refund me the money.
I dont need that $H1T ..!!!!

Dont try and trivialise the crappy experiences that many people have had. They are genuine greviances.

YIKES.....

HIGHLY ILLEGAL....

- [size=4]Helping keep Air Cooled VWs on the road - location: SCONE in the Upper Hunter Valley - Northern NSW 320 kms NNW of SYDNEY--- [/size]
Memberno1jc
Commited Dubber

Threads: 7

posted on November 18th, 2011 at 11:54 PM

I'm not saying George (classic veedub) hasn't done anything wrong, but to bag him on a forum which he MAY not be a member, may be a bit one-sided
there are 3 sides to a story,
1/ what he said
2/ what they said
3/ the truth
let's not crucify a business on a medium which they may not be aware of
Membersmithy68
Wolfsburg Wizard

Threads: 145

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue

posted on November 19th, 2011 at 08:25 AM

I don't understand it, the current order I placed over the phone with him I ordered last Friday, I have rang him 3 since asking why it has not been sent (I know this because my card has not been debited).
Every time I ring he has to search for the order, then tells me ' no worries mate it's on it way right away.
Is he A: having trouble running the shop, or B: doesn't really care about the customer.
If I have to ring him again I won't shop with him anymore.
That my latest experience.
MemberUber Kafer
Wolfsburg Wizard

posted on November 19th, 2011 at 09:07 AM

like I put earlier - "dont try and trivialise the crappy experiences that people have had".

that business has demonstrated that all of these VW parts can be sold in Australia at affordable prices, thats a good thing, but I have never had to deal with a business that is capable of instances of such woeful service.... ever.

So dont come on here with warm fuzzy motherly statements that it will all be fine ?? "its only money, you will get it back in the end" What about my wasted time ?, can I charge him at my hourly rate for the unnecessarily wasted time spent on emails, unanswered phone calls, trying to get that money back ?

And yes this is the forum to air these grievances . the internet has given a voice to people who otherwise get ignored or screwed over, and allow us all to compare notes. Its called communication and feedback. If someone is in any business and doesnt keep in tune with the client base and respond to feedback then they are charting a hazardous course.
Membercnfabo
Custom Title Time!

No Avatar

Threads: 140

posted on November 19th, 2011 at 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Uber Kafer
like I put earlier - "dont try and trivialise the crappy experiences that people have had".

that business has demonstrated that all of these VW parts can be sold in Australia at affordable prices, thats a good thing, but I have never had to deal with a business that is capable of instances of such woeful service.... ever.

So dont come on here with warm fuzzy motherly statements that it will all be fine ?? "its only money, you will get it back in the end" What about my wasted time ?, can I charge him at my hourly rate for the unnecessarily wasted time spent on emails, unanswered phone calls, trying to get that money back ?

And yes this is the forum to air these grievances . the internet has given a voice to people who otherwise get ignored or screwed over, and allow us all to compare notes. Its called communication and feedback. If someone is in any business and doesnt keep in tune with the client base and respond to feedback then they are charting a hazardous course.

well siad.....i dont use him either.....
Super Administratorbarls
A.k.a.: Mr indestructible
Super Administrator
Causer of Chaos and Mayhem

Rank Avatar

No Avatar

Threads: 295

Theme: UltimaBB Streamlined2
Mood: indestructible? and listening to the voices

posted on November 19th, 2011 at 10:37 AM

guys as ive said in previous threads. your walking the very fine line. george is a sponsor of this forum.
yes some have had bad experiences but there are those that have had good ones with him as well. just like any business.
he is a one man show and if you have ever been in the shop, the phone never stops ringing.
before anyone says its easy to fix, just put more staff on. he could do this but the prices would have to go up to cover this.
if you dont like his service just dont use him, there are plenty of others.

“We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be free.” Bill Hicks
the chaos project - click me

http://www.goats.com/store/images/banner_destroy.png
Memberancientbugger
Custom Title Time!

Threads: 191

posted on November 19th, 2011 at 10:54 AM

My feelings exactly. I used him because his website was pretty good (although most of the stuff on his site he doesn't stock!). At first it was great service then got worse amd worse. Same result as others with the phone calls and emails and the last straw was my sons' purchase of $600 worth of disc brakes with no communication back whatsoever when we had a problem so as Barls has said we will never will use him again. Mick motors doesn't have a website of great interest but one phone call and we have an answer and we always have the items in the next day or two at the most. Nowadays with Just Kampers and Vollks we have plenty of other options other than Classic, it's just a shame that George has to let things slide the way he has, I don't know how many staff Just Kampers have but their system works like a charm right to the delivery charges and you get all the confirmations emailed straight back and their prices are really good as well.
Member68AutoBug
Aircooled Master

posted on November 19th, 2011 at 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by no1jc
I'm not saying George (classic veedub) hasn't done anything wrong, but to bag him on a forum which he MAY not be a member, may be a bit one-sided
1/ what he said
2/ what they said
3/ the truth

AS far as I can see its all the TRUTH said here....

I know of people who have gone thru all this....

and still waiting.... for a reply...

and they want to order parts from Him....

anyone just bagging George will be deleted....

As You can see many people have used George and love the service... others...???
they are just telling it as it is....

LEE

Member68AutoBug
Aircooled Master

posted on November 19th, 2011 at 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by no1jc
1/ what he said
2/ what they said
3/ the truth

WE have been told that George doesn't get on here very often
but He has been told what has been said on here....

My Son travelled 300 klms to buy stuff from him...
and He is still waiting for a new aluminium engine case....

LEE

Member68AutoBug
Aircooled Master

posted on November 19th, 2011 at 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by theVman
Quote:

Are you saying the Sydney Classic Vee Dub are not a company you would deal with anymore and you prefer to order your parts from overseas at Cip1.com ?

I have not used Cip1.com are they good?

CIP1 are an excellent professional company in the USA
they tell You what is in stock..
the cost of postage etc...
parts are very inexpensive... air freight is expensive...
You will find many parts available over there that are not for sale over here...
------------------------------------------------
another good company... excellent parts catalog
also see : http://www.airheadparts.com  they have an excellent parts catalog you can download.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Please note George is also selling concrete products now and parts for other cars. So, He IS very busy...

LEE

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top