A.k.a.: Steve Carter
Scirocco Rare

Threads: 556

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )
Mood: Parrot Heading

posted on April 27th, 2012 at 09:46 AM
Missing bugs from Cronulla

Hi

For about more than 20 years there was some bugs sitting in driveway in Nicholson Pde at Cronulla. There now gone, did anybody score them on here?

One of them was a 5 stud ball joint bug.

Steve
Memberdaydreamer
Casual Dubber

Threads: 4

Theme: UltimaBB Vintage

posted on April 27th, 2012 at 09:54 AM

They'd probably been there for over 30 years. I heard the old joint had been sold and the bugs were trucked off, hope not to the crusher.

Kombi Occasions - Weddings - Formals - Corporate/Promo http://www.kombioccasions.com 
Member1303Steve
A.k.a.: Steve Carter
Scirocco Rare

Threads: 556

Mood: Parrot Heading

posted on April 27th, 2012 at 12:07 PM

Hi

I knocked on the door a few times, no answer. The place still looks run down. I hope they didn't go to the crusher.

Just goes to show if you find these things you need to persist.

There was a yard full of split window buses and early bugs in Bexley, place was suddenly cleaned up and they were gone. I read in the local paper that there was long time dispute with local council over the mess in the yard

Steve
MemberPollywaffle
A.k.a.: Ben
Officially Full-On Dubber
.:Ben:.

Threads: 20

posted on April 27th, 2012 at 12:57 PM

I was there roughly a month ago trying to buy the '58 he had in the driveway. I'd driven past a couple of times in the past and seen it there. I left a note in his mailbox and he called me later that afternoon. I went there the next day, had a yarn for about 45 mins about VW's in general but when it came to talking about the '58 he wanted some ridiculous price for it. It looked nice and ratty but was way too far gone. I think he just wanted someone to talk to and had no interest in selling the car or any of the other stuff he'd hoarded there. Such a shame.

Either some other VW guy has bought them or it's gone to the scraps. I'd be more inclined to say someone has bought it though because he doesn't seem like the guy to just sell it for scrap.

Go To Top