Board Logo
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
[ Total Views: 1242 | Total Replies: 1 | Thread Id: 97673 ]
Author: Subject:  Changes in sopru poptop????
Memberjimmybay
Commited Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 10

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

question.gif posted on July 3rd, 2012 at 03:55 PM
Changes in sopru poptop????

The bottom section of the sopru top on our 75 camper is buggered. I have another sopru 76 top here that has a shit top so i want to make one good one from the two but there is a small visual difference.
The pop out air vents in the top are a different size and shape. This obviously doesnt affect the the swap but it makes me wonder if the two tops are compatable.
Does anyone know if the top from the 76 will fit the 75 bottom ?
I dont want to take the top off to check as we use the camper as a daily.
Thanks in advance

Didyoubringdemgumnutsin?
MemberPhil74Camper
Son of Jim - Creator of Good
Head in the Clouds

Threads: 193

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

posted on August 17th, 2012 at 07:32 AM

Interesting question.

As far as I am aware, the Sopru air vent on the top ws the same size and shape all the way through - there was only ever one lift-up air vent cover (with the moulded VW sign in it).

And while I know that the profile of the upper roof was changed - later ones have a flatter section along one side (possibly for awnings), I believe the bottom piece stayed the same.

I suspect that all things being equal, a '76 top would fit a '75 bottom, but I am not sure about yours without seeing it. The two two top vents should be the same, so maybe one of yours isn't a sopru - could be another maker. There were half a dozen or more different Australian converters in the '70. Can you post some pics?

Go To Top