[ Total Views: 879 | Total Replies: 0 | Thread Id: 98733 ]
Author: Subject:  [FS - NSW] 75 L Bug - Kellyville/Castle Hill Sydney
Member75Curve
Learner Dubber

Threads: 3

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Grey

yes.gif posted on September 9th, 2012 at 06:46 PM
[FS - NSW] 75 L Bug - Kellyville/Castle Hill Sydney

[size=4] [/size]This Beetle has been my wife's daily runner for the last 15 years. To keep him going so reliably, I've been assisted by the expertise of Leanne and her team at Volksbahn in Pendle Hill, Sydney. Sadly, I have neither the time nor room to give him the renovation that I think it richly deserves.

I could list here all of the things we have changed or fitted since we bought him in 97, but that's pretty pointless if you ask me. In the most recent of times we have replaced the brake master cylinder, clutch cable, left and right hand door external scraper seals and also the rear left window seal.

The need to replace the master cylinder slightly preceded the need to repair the bonnet, bumper, front valance and wings. The frontal impact was low speed and I think that some of the distorted bits can be brought back to shape, at least sufficiently to get through the rego check. Talking of which, the rego is due on 14 Oct. If you can get the work on the front done, I'm confident it will fly though the rego.

The current engine fitted is an AD series 1600 twin port, which I am sure has only done 140,000 km since new. If you come and have a look you might also get the see the car that the engine came from (a 73 L bug, one lady owner from new!). Its a great little unit and never skips a beat.

As you can see from the pictures there's some work to be done to turn this little piece of history into a head-turner, but I think that it will be worth the effort. You could have the head turning effect as the long term goal and simply take your time to get there whilst running a great little car.

I reckon that the 75 L bug is possibly the best Beetle ever produced, at least in so far as the general mechanical design is concerned. It has all of the L bug standards of curved screen and full dash, high seat backs, independent rear suspension (better rear passenger ride quality and road holding), combined coil spring and damper front suspension (MacPherson strut equals more boot space), front disc brakes (generally better braking than a front drum brake) and, to top it all off, unique to the 75, rack and pinion steering. If I could fit R&P to our 'new' 73 L Bug, I would do it in a heart beat.

Now to the crunch, I thought that it would be easy to upload the photos when I started to type this post and its not quite that easy. The best I can manage so far is three images and they're not very good quality. Let me know your email by PM and I'll email you some other images with more details of better quality.

In the meantime, because the 75L bug is unique amongst others and is rarely offered for sale, my asking price is $5000. I'm happy to negotiate, but I do have my limits.

Please contact Tim via PM.

Error
Sorry, you must be a registered user in order to download attachments.

Error

Error

Go To Top