Board Logo
Go To Bottom

Forum Rules
New guidelines are in place as of 15/1/2014. Please review here:

http://forums.aussieveedubbers.com/viewtopic.php?tid=104733 

Printable Version  
[ Total Views: 4722 | Total Replies: 16 | Thread Id: 82018 ]
Author: Subject:  [FS SA]- Beetle parts, mostly post-'68. Pics! Haggle!
Memberwaveman1500
Custom Title Time!
Also rides a Honda

Threads: 13

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

info.gif posted on February 16th, 2010 at 09:15 PM
[FS SA]- Beetle parts, mostly post-'68. Pics! Haggle!

Beetle parts for sale!

I’d love to keep them all, but I need to make room in the shed. I’m breaking my crashed 1970 1500 Beetle and have a number of other parts as well. All prices are negotiable, make an offer if no price is given. I can deliver parts within the Adelaide metro area or you can pick them up from Trott Park 5158. Day of the VW has been and gone and yet there's still too much here, so there are some price drops in bold:

Two rear bumpers to suit post-68 Beetle, spray painted silver but very straight, with brackets. $40 each

Full set of stainless trim pieces to suit a 1500, my new car has had the trim holes welded up so I won’t need them. Bonnet spear and front left trim spear have slight bends, but are easily usable. All other pieces are in excellent condition, but need a good polish. No running board trim. $50

Full set of fenders to suit 1500. Front left is partly covered in a skim of filler and needs more filler and paint, but in generally decent shape. All others painted white, but could use new paint. All ready for use on a street car, but not show standard. $200 the lot, or will sell separately.

Pair of Beetle doors, white. Driver’s door is straight, passenger door has a large crease in it, but both are solid. $100 each

Matching set of door, boot and bonnet handles and ignition barrel, all in good condition. Doors and ignition keyed alike, two keys. Lock barrel missing in boot handle. $100

Swing axle box in good condition, with good swing axle rear end. Will sell entire shell or floor pan if wanted. Floor pan is rust-free, minor dents in right hand underside, front framehead has minor bend from a crash, but could be straightened. Body shell is excellent from the windscreen back, but has front crash damage. Make an offer.

Full set of glass in good condition, old rubbers with good stainless trim pieces. Also several quarter-vent windows available. Will sell windows individually, make an offer.

1500 engine lid, white, excellent condition. Was the best panel on the whole car. $60

Bosal stock replacement muffler, cracks forming $20

2 towbars to fit late Beetles. 1 made of round tube, 1 very heavy-duty square section tube. Good protection for your car’s rear end. $20 each

100mph Beetle speedo $20

1500 Beetle steering column

Beetle rear seat, average condition, back could be used, base would suit re-trim or cover $40

Vinyl trimmed panels to go under rear seat, several pairs in good condition

Early fan shroud, cylinder covers, assorted tinware

Early oil-bath air cleaner in excellent condition, stamped 9/63, possibly early Type 2, complete with original sticker in German, hot-air flap missing but I can include a replacement.

Other later-model oil bath air cleaners available.

Several old oil pumps, fuel pumps and other engine parts available.

6V generator, 6V Bosch voltage regulator Sold
38A 12V Kombi generator Sold
Distributors Sold
Carburettors Sold
1500cc single-port engine Sold
Bare engine case Sold
Stock single port intake manifold Sold
Polished stainless-steel louvred firewall kit Sold
1500 fuel tank Sold
90mph Beetle speedo Sold
Pair of good original heater boxes Sold

Contact Mark by thread reply or PM. Mobile phone number available on request.

Membereraser
Fahrvergnugen

Threads: 128

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Powder

posted on February 16th, 2010 at 10:06 PM

Can i grab that firewall kit and that fuel tank, but can you wait till E.O.M till i get paid?

Whats the steering box like? And what sort of $'s you looking at for the shell?

http://www.vwgeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/banner.jpg

Memberwaveman1500
Custom Title Time!
Also rides a Honda

posted on February 16th, 2010 at 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by eraser
Can i grab that firewall kit and that fuel tank, but can you wait till E.O.M till i get paid?

Whats the steering box like? And what sort of $'s you looking at for the shell?

I could hold them till the end of the month if you're absolutely sure that you will buy them. The steering box was in good condition before the crash but I couldn't guarantee that it wasn't affected by the crash, as one of the tie rods was wrapped around the body. It may be okay though.

As for the shell, that would depend on what parts you want with it. The shell is fairly banged up from the windscreen forward but doesn't have much rust. There are photos of it in my thread (link in my signature).

Memberedwolves
Learner Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 0

posted on February 17th, 2010 at 10:49 PM

hello im after a 12v genny for a 1500 beetle, will the kombi one tou are selling do the job ? i will take the firewall kit if still available also. let me know if you think it will fit and how much . thanks ed.
Memberwaveman1500
Custom Title Time!
Also rides a Honda

posted on February 18th, 2010 at 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by edwolves
hello im after a 12v genny for a 1500 beetle, will the kombi one tou are selling do the job ? i will take the firewall kit if still available also. let me know if you think it will fit and how much . thanks ed.

The Kombi generator would certainly do the job as it is more powerful, 38A instead of 30A for the Beetle generator. The only problem is that it is longer, which means that if you use it with Beetle tinware the pulleys for the drive belt will not line up. It is a simple bolt-on conversion, but you need the correct Kombi base-plate and I don't have one. $20 for the generator if you want it.

Funnily enough I do have a 1500 Beetle generator out of my old car, but at the moment I am planning to use it in my new car, so it's not for sale.

The firewall kit is provisionally sold to eraser, provided that he gets back to me soon and promises to buy it.

Memberwaveman1500
Custom Title Time!
Also rides a Honda

posted on February 21st, 2010 at 01:07 PM

Okay, at this stage, the 1500 single-port engine is provisionally sold, and I am holding the firewall kit and fuel tank for eraser. Get in quick for the rest!

Memberwaveman1500
Custom Title Time!
Also rides a Honda

posted on February 26th, 2010 at 03:31 PM

Anyone need some late Beetle parts in SA? I deliver!

Memberwaveman1500
Custom Title Time!
Also rides a Honda

posted on March 2nd, 2010 at 07:01 PM

Pics as requested by potential buyers. Ask me for pics of any other item on the list!

First up, the locks and handles package. Matching set of door, boot and bonnet handles and ignition barrel, all in good condition. Doors and ignition keyed alike, two keys. Lock barrel missing in boot handle. $100

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo304/waveman1500/P1000680.jpg

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo304/waveman1500/P1000681.jpg

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo304/waveman1500/P1000682.jpg

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo304/waveman1500/P1000683.jpg

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo304/waveman1500/P1000685.jpg

Next request, rear seats. Make an offer on these.

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo304/waveman1500/P1000689.jpg

Original black vinyl. Seat back is in good condition, would look fine with a good wash and a coat of Armor-all. The base has rips, would need a recover or a seat cover. I also have another black vinyl seat back with a small rip, for sale separately.

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo304/waveman1500/P1000690.jpg

Carpet glued over the top of black vinyl, starting to get threadbare. This was in my old car, doesn't look that flash but was comfortable.

Memberwaveman1500
Custom Title Time!
Also rides a Honda

posted on March 6th, 2010 at 10:13 AM

1500cc single-port engine and 12V Kombi generator are now sold and gone. Still plenty of good stuff left, including panels, trim, interior and engine parts.

Memberwaveman1500
Custom Title Time!
Also rides a Honda

posted on March 8th, 2010 at 12:02 PM

The fuel tank and the louvred firewall kit are gone, but I've got other parts available which are not listed. If you need something, ask me about it! Parts will be for sale at the SA Day of the VW, Sunday the 21st of March.

Memberwaveman1500
Custom Title Time!
Also rides a Honda

posted on March 16th, 2010 at 11:00 PM

Okay guys, if anyone wants to snap up any parts from my list, then now is the time. If it's not gone by this Sunday the 21st, I will be taking it to the Day of the Volkswagen show opposite Tea Tree Plaza. Come from 9am and get a bargain, the parts must go!

Memberomr_007
Seriously Crusin Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 14

posted on March 17th, 2010 at 10:57 AM

PM sent
Memberwaveman1500
Custom Title Time!
Also rides a Honda

posted on March 20th, 2010 at 07:01 PM

Well, I'm all packed up and ready to head out to the Day of the VW show tomorrow morning. Make sure you get there early if you want the good bargains! Pick of the lot would probably be the full set of fenders and excellent engine lid. See you there!

MemberCoop69
Learner Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 5

posted on March 30th, 2010 at 01:23 PM

Are the heater boxes still for sale?
Memberwaveman1500
Custom Title Time!
Also rides a Honda

posted on April 3rd, 2010 at 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Coop69
Are the heater boxes still for sale?

Yes, I've got a nice solid pair of original heaterboxes ready to go. Are you interested? Sorry about the delayed reply, but I thought this thread had fallen off the bottom of the list!

I thought I might as well put up some pics of my parts as they were displayed at Day of the VW. Thanks to all of you who came and said hi! Please don't expect me to remember what you look like though, lol.

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo304/waveman1500/P1000719.jpg

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo304/waveman1500/P1000718.jpg

There's plenty of good stuff still clogging up my shed, and I'm very willing to haggle on price. If there's anything here that you can use, then please make an offer. I don't need it, as my new Super Bug is nearly finished and most of these parts don't fit it anyway!

MemberCoop69
Learner Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 5

posted on April 5th, 2010 at 01:59 PM

Waveman

I live in Athelstone, SA. I'm obviously interested in the heater boxes, for my newly purchased 69 beetle.
My phone number is 0411 335 357. I'd like to come and have a look when convenient. I start Annual Leave on Thursday.
Memberwaveman1500
Custom Title Time!
Also rides a Honda

posted on April 9th, 2010 at 12:51 PM

Heater boxes are now gone! Jump in and grab the rest! I will do discounts for multiple items, and will deliver to metro Adelaide.

Go To Top